PCSX2 0.9.7 r3878

EE/IOP
Round Mode : Chop / Zero
Clamping Mode : Full

VUs
Round Mode : Chop / Zero
Clamping Mode : Extra + Preserve Sign

GSdx 3693 - SSE4 - r3878
Renderer : Software (solves the black lines through the screen)
Interlacing : None
Rendering threads : 3 (i7 930)
Edge anti-aliasing (AA1) : Checked (has no effect, already tested)

Flush to Zero & Denormals are Zero are both checked (has no effect, already tested).

Speed hacks (has no effect, already tested).

The glitch is caused by the 3D Geometry when it is opposite to your back.

For example, if there is a support beam and you turn your back to it, it will show up on your screen even though it shouldn't :
[Image: beams.th.png]

Looking at the ground has pretty drastic results :
[Image: ground2.th.png]

Sponsored links

Sorry to bump this, but wanted to add: I'm playing Forbidden Siren 2 on PCSX 0.9.7 now (I am upscaling it and it does create the black vertical lines, but the image beneath them is such an amazing step up from the original PS2 signal that I'm willing to put up with the lines). There is a lot of graphical garbage on screen which increases when in tight indoor spaces and can create some hazards (when it completely fills the screen at times), but I'm slogging through and enjoying it, even though it is currently listed as "in-game."

ONE WARNING though: There are at least two things the current build can't seem to emulate that will completely stop progress in the game (which I presume is why Siren 2 is listed as "in-game"):

1) There is a point when you have to "sightjack" through the seeing-eye dog Tsukasa in order to move your character (the blind Shu Mikami) in third-person point of view--you are literally playing your blind character through another character's eyes. The emulator simply shows a grayish/reddish screen with a bit of on-purpose in-game static, but no images. You might be able to fudge this with some trial-and-error movements, but it's very tricky not being able to see yourself while having to travel through an entire fishing village and avoid being eaten by Shibito.

2) There are several points in the game where a character must "sightjack" a past psychic impression (not another actual character) that reveals the combination code to a lock. Again, the emulator shows nothing at this screen. You must open the lock; it is not optional. It wouldn't be a problem, except that the combination is randomly generated each playthrough, so there is no static code you can cheat from...

For both of these issues, I had to yank the save off PCSX2, put it on my PS2, pull out my original copy of the game and play on the PS2 to get through them, then reconvert the save and back into PCSX2 again.

Just some observations. Cheers.
Sorry it is a wrong click. Please refer to the following post
Finally having someone experiencing the same trouble when playing Siren 2.

I wanna share my observation regarding this issue. Hope that we can ultimately solve it and enjoy this game in PCSX2.

Problem description:
1. This game includes a feature named "Sight Jack" - Player can gain the vision of other NPCs, animals or monsters by pressing L2.

2. When sightjack is on, the game screen reveals the vision of the sightjack target, instead of the character's your are playing. The sightjack-ed screen is slightly darker, more noisy and foggy than the normal one.
[Image: gsdx3.jpg]
An example of the sightjacked screen. The bright vertical strip should be a glitch which exists neither in a software rendered screen nor PS2.

3. Sightjack can also be activated in some specialized and crucial scenarios by pressing R3, where all our TROUBLES happen. Compared to the normal sightjack screen, the color tone of specialized sightjack is tuned to either blue or yellow, depending on the sightjack target. The GSDX directx(hardware) cannot properly render the screen specialized sightjack screen.
[Image: gsdx2.jpg]
A specialized sightjack screen using software rendering. The sightjack target is a dog, which is watching the character (indicated by the blue cross) you are playing.
[Image: gsdx1.jpg]
Exactly the same screen of the sightjacked dog, rendered by Directx(hardware) method. Only show noise and fog effect, and the blue cross

My observation:
1. This problem exists back from PCSX2 0.9.5 when I first played PCSX2, and all GSDX versions from the one released along with PCSX2 0.9.5 to the latest GSDX build 4380. I have played with all the options available but nothing helpful. The only way to get rid of it is enabling software render. The best quality is achieved using native resolution.

2. This problem exists in both my ATI Radeon 1950X and Radeon 3450HD

3. In terms of rendering of the game, it seems that the color tone of the specialized sightjack screen is determined by the color of an alpha blending surface overlaid on the screen.

4. Noted that the animated noise or fog effect are both visible in the buggy screen. The color tone (blue) of the buggy specialized sightjack screen also preserved. This is valid in another yellow tone specialized sightjack screen. I think, the problem happens because the alpha blending of the overlaid surface is somewhat disabled in specialized sightjack (therefore the overlaid surface block everything behind it), or the color of the overlaid surface is exaggerated (that shades everything else behind the surface).

Hope it helps.
pcsx2-0.9.8-r4600.

Still the same heavy SPS problem as in the first post of the thread. Makes it basically unplayable, I guess that's why it's noted as "ingame" in the list.

I guess this problem will persist. There is no intention to fix this particular bug. I have tried on a Phenom II X4 955, 8GB Ram platform. Using DX-software mode, 3 thread for screen rendering, it can achieve > 30 fps in most of the game while giving completely normal screen.

Siren2 is not a graphic-demanding game. A decent machine nowadays should make it playable.

(07-09-2011, 12:36 PM)greyest Wrote: pcsx2-0.9.8-r4600.

Still the same heavy SPS problem as in the first post of the thread. Makes it basically unplayable, I guess that's why it's noted as "ingame" in the list.

(08-21-2011, 04:45 PM)maxlawwk Wrote: I guess this problem will persist. There is no intention to fix this particular bug.

Perhaps devs just haven't this game, especially considering it never has been published in the USA and is quite a niche game (surhor series).

Quote:Siren2 is not a graphic-demanding game. A decent machine nowadays should make it playable.

Yes, it runs quite nicely on my c2d 2.8Gzh, except those heavy SPSs.

I need to try a revision after 4835, I read they fixed some SPS issues in it in some game(s), maybe it will affect S2 too. Will report.

PS: Nope, the same SPS.

hello guys, do you have good news about how to configure the game?

is a new version of PCSX2 alredy fixing the game?

thanks,

by Daniel
(12-20-2011, 08:26 PM)danielz Wrote: is a new version of PCSX2 alredy fixing the game?

Unfortuantely no, SPS still there.
Rainbow 
(12-21-2011, 05:17 PM)greyest Wrote: Unfortuantely no, SPS still there.

I hope for a fix in the next year!

thanks for reply and Merry Christmas, byeee!!! ^_^