[bug report] Forbidden Siren 2 [Pal]
Just signed up for this website to report this bug just to find out that it isn't fixed and I'm gonna have to live with it. That or move to the UK and buy the PAL version and play it on a PAL tv!

Damn you spiky polygons!

Sponsored links

I beg you PCSX2 team please fix this damn spiky polygons problem for this game once and for all, if it's possible. This problem is constant in every single rev of emulator and I'll (and many more)be very very thankful if you'll be able to fix this. I think this problem is somehow related that the game is on Dual layer DVD??? I know you have much more to do and there are tons of people like me begging to fix things but please if you'll have time and get your hands on this game please check it out, maybe it's very easy to fix (if not spiky polygons game works perfect) and you'll make us very happy. Cheers from Georgia.
I have the japanese verison of the game as well if i can find it in the process of moving soon i will give it a try and see if it has the same problems as the pal verison
(04-09-2012, 05:04 AM)riku44 Wrote: I have the japanese verison of the game as well if i can find it in the process of moving soon i will give it a try and see if it has the same problems as the pal verison

I'm sure it doesn't matter if it's Jpanese or PAL verion in this case. It will have the same unplayable SPS issues.

Quote:I beg you PCSX2 team please fix this damn spiky polygons problem for this game once and for all, if it's possible. This problem is constant in every single rev of emulator and I'll (and many more)be very very thankful if you'll be able to fix this. I think this problem is somehow related that the game is on Dual layer DVD???

Not at all. I guess the problem is related to Vector Units emulation.
[quote='greyest' pid='217108' dateline='1333975466']

I'm sure it doesn't matter if it's Jpanese or PAL verion in this case. It will have the same unplayable SPS issues.

like you said it doesn't matter it also has the same problems by the way
I have just tried the latest stable version of PCSX 9.8 r4600, with the PCSX Cutie Plugin r5036. The rendering quality is much higher, SPS is fewer. Nonetheless, the same problem still exist in the game which is entirely unplayable in certain scenarios.

Perhaps, we should just go for a high-end Quad-core machine and use the software rendering ......

I'm not sure if this issue is driver dependent. I see most of us are using ATI Radeon graphic card. Does any one experience the same problem on a Nvidia platform?
(06-10-2012, 04:24 PM)maxlawwk Wrote: I have just tried the latest stable version of PCSX 9.8 r4600, with the PCSX Cutie Plugin r5036. The rendering quality is much higher, SPS is fewer. Nonetheless, the same problem still exist in the game which is entirely unplayable in certain scenarios.

Perhaps, we should just go for a high-end Quad-core machine and use the software rendering ......

I'm not sure if this issue is driver dependent. I see most of us are using ATI Radeon graphic card. Does any one experience the same problem on a Nvidia platform?

I have Nvidia card and yes there is same problem. I also tried cutie build with all of hack variations and still no help. Software Mode has the same problem as hardware.
Quote:I'm not sure if this issue is driver dependent. I see most of us are using ATI Radeon graphic card. Does any one experience the same problem on a Nvidia platform?

It's long known as core emulator problem (i.e. not graphics plugin). I think Vector Units.
Using the latest build and my original PAL version of siren 2 here and these problems just kill me specially the vertical lines on HW mode.

I'm really frustrated since on software mode it looks blurry and bad (it has a weird glass-like overlay that I never seen on any other games while using software mode oh also SPS is still present) and on HW mode I constantly have to ignore the vertical lines + heavy SPS on some areas.

please please please at least fix the vertical lines in the next build so it's playable with 2x native or more.

SPS is also a problem but if sidejack worked properly at that shu mikami dog stage this game would be at least playable from start to finish.

this game is too good to be ignored just like that for such a long time.
Setting a custom resolution of 1200x1200 or 720x1280 might get rid of the vertical lines. You can't 'fix' upscaling bugs, because you are doing something never intended on the game, which has side effects. The SPS has also been a mystery in this game since no one has detected the source of the bug.
[Image: newsig.jpg]