[bug report] Forbidden Siren 2 [Pal]
(07-27-2012, 10:28 AM)Bositman Wrote: Setting a custom resolution of 1200x1200 or 720x1280 might get rid of the vertical lines.

I tried and the only way to remove vertical lines is on native resolution settings.

also SPS occur more often indoors most of these artifacts are just stretched textures from models like furniture or some random objects placed for detail in the level.

also you can remove that weird overlay that is visible on software mode using HW mode + native resolution option however image quality won't improve. (I think this overlay is part of the game but I never notice that on my ps2 before)

Sponsored links

(05-07-2010, 10:22 PM)ryoko28 Wrote: PCSX2 version: r1888 - Seems to be the only version it works on well at least lets you play other version includeing the new 9.7 alpha give a black screen
CPU options: EErec on, VUrec0 and VUrec1 on, MTGS on,both microvu 0 and 1 on and off EErec & VUrec on extra/preserve with both mircovu recs on
Plugins used: GSdx 2693 0.1.16 (dx9/10 hardware and software) Zerogs0.97.1 both give the same results
No Speed hacks

Deserption - don't really know what you would call it i guess random garbage Huh looking up and down you will see it in the right coner usually of the screen and also randomly behide you at times when running and i guess in some places.
I would have killed to play Siren 2. Im a big fan of the first Siren but all i got is a Japan import of Siren 2 and its impossible to play without any English subtitles. Whoever was in charge of the international releases blows hard.
Vertical lines aren't the problem coz they disappear in native res.
The problem is heavy SPS.
Well the game has been pretty playable so far, these spike polygons are annoying but so far its not that bad.
(08-20-2012, 10:51 PM)CubitFoxstar93 Wrote: Well the game has been pretty playable so far, these spike polygons are annoying but so far its not that bad.

It's "playable" only if you really desperately want to play it and don't have any other means. I mean how can it be called "playable" when you're in constant tension looking for shibitos and those spikes suddenly pop in and obscure half of screen.
Issue about the SPS's was closed apparently after report that XGKick hack almost eliminates the SPS's.

I downloaded Rev. 5609 and rechecked the game, and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not, but the irritating SPSes still there, I checked only the very first mission though (Shu Mikami as kid), maybe it's much better than before later on in the game. Autofixes option was on, and I also enebled XGKick manually.

It's peculiar that PS3 (non backward compatible) ps2emu has somewhat similar issues (well, maybe it's something totally different though). The photos of Siren2 running on non bc PS3:

http://i.imgur.com/WlFunoA.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/WjSrZAo.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/hieuKJ3.jpg?1
Yeah I know. I was a bit hastey closing it. I have a dump to look in to when I get chance.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

No news of refraction, no new of a fix? Sad
Haven't had chance to look yet, life has sort of caught up with me, when i get chance, ill look.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Ok well hopefully i won't forget to come check the thread some time later... Think you'll have time before end of the year?