[bug report] Wipeout Fusion
Quote:I wonder why you come to ask support if you know this emu so much...

Who's asking for support? I'm reporting a bug. I've done multiple tests, the bug is reproducible, the cause is pretty straightforward. Do you have anything to actually contribute to the discussion?
maybe this bears repeating at this point
Quote:I should point out I'm a C++ programmer with 20 years experience by the way - realtime, maths-heavy stuff, not databases :-)

Sponsored links

when a pcsx2 dev actually tells you that fps rate isn't a bug and you still think it is, I wonder what kind of skill you actually lack...
Quote:I should point out I'm a C++ programmer with 20 years experience by the way - realtime, maths-heavy stuff, not databases :-)
I have more than 20 years experience in rollerskating, that doesn't mean I could build myself rollerskates.

Best thing for everyone would be your experience to be used to correct those "bugs". The pcsx2 google code page is waiting for guys like you...

lastly, yes, a 9600M is weak for pcsx2. That's why you'll probably get better results in software mode.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
ahh. come on. don't start that. -_-

@op if you're experienced in coding and just wanna get those 2-3 games perfect... try to fix the sh*t yourself. i've done the same "glitch hacks" for the couple of games i wanted to work on the emu too. Wink

note: WO-fusion isn't a heavyweight. the engine is rather simple, all the data can be extracted and guessed where error might occur and need to be fixed. Wink
This is defiantly a GPU issue on Your end and not a Pcsx2 one. Dead giveaway is full speed in software mode, but ***** fps using GPU. I suggest you take your 20 years of c++ computer skills and work the Maths, your GPU is the problem , it has nothing to do with Pcsx2 or its pluggins, hence not a bug report
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
Quote:when a pcsx2 dev actually tells you that fps rate isn't a bug and you still think it is, I wonder what kind of skill you actually lack...

1. Firstly, he *has* to say that. It's a catch-all cop-out that absolves the dev of responsibility for performance. They can say "it's an emulator, your hardware is too weak" the minute anyone says anything about FPS.

2. In this case, the dev is wrong. The supposedly "weak" ATI hardware is capable of decoding the FMV on the CPU and blitting it to the screen in software mode, and the supposedly "weak" Nvidia hardware is capable of doing the same in software mode.

This is not the same as saying "my game is running slow".

Quote:I have more than 20 years experience in rollerskating, that doesn't mean I could build myself rollerskates.

Not even remotely equivalent. Using rollerskates and creating rollerskates are completely different. Writing one kind of high performance software is not really all that different to writing some other kind of high performance software, its just a different problem domain.

Quote:Best thing for everyone would be your experience to be used to correct those "bugs". The pcsx2 google code page is waiting for guys like you...

I think this project is great, and I have contributed to other game-related open source projects where my expertise overlaps. Unfortunately work and kids means there's not enough time to PLAY games let alone get involved in their development.

Quote:lastly, yes, a 9600M is weak for pcsx2. That's why you'll probably get better results in software mode.

OK....you didn't read my post at all then did you?

1. The 9600M plays the video intro at full speed in hardware mode. The 3870X2 does not, it can only play the intro video in software mode.

2. We are not talking about gameplay here. All the emulator is doing is emulating the playstation processor decoding a bit of compressed video data and blitting it to the screen.

As such, the code is mainly CPU-bound. Yes, there is some I/O overhead and yes there will be some blitting overhead. But the blitting overhead of blasting a complete frame of video to the screen is the same as in software mode as it is in hardware mode.

Quote:@op if you're experienced in coding and just wanna get those 2-3 games perfect... try to fix the sh*t yourself. i've done the same "glitch hacks" for the couple of games i wanted to work on the emu too.

You know, I can just skip the video and I never see the problem. Or I can play the game on the Playstation (though it looks pretty fugly on a HDTV). I'm not even bothered about it being perfect. I'm just reporting a bug in the hardware renderer.

Quote:note: WO-fusion isn't a heavyweight. the engine is rather simple, all the data can be extracted and guessed where error might occur and need to be fixed.

I'm sure it is, but I'm not talking about gameplay.

Quote:This is defiantly a GPU issue on Your end and not a Pcsx2 one. Dead giveaway is full speed in software mode, but ***** fps using GPU. I suggest you take your 20 years of c++ computer skills and work the Maths, your GPU is the problem , it has nothing to do with Pcsx2 or its pluggins, hence not a bug report

It's up to the GSx plugin author to decide if its a bug or not, and whether or not he'll bother to deal with it. I'm sure he doesn't need you to triage his bugs for him.

PS read the whole thread more carefully.
Looking at your report , you say it runs at a really low speed on your ATI rig, Well two things come to mind
1 .whats really low?, please supply fps.
2 Also the quad core is defiantly at a disadvantage over your mac, as only 2 cores are being utilized and they are 400mhz lower than the 9600M . 400mhz might not sound like much but it can make a huge difference in performance
Why not try the latest svn, it has a hack that allows an extra core to process Micro vu1, and can make a HUGE difference
here`s the link http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
Quote:The supposedly "weak" ATI hardware is capable of decoding the FMV on the CPU and blitting it to the screen in software mode, and the supposedly "weak" Nvidia hardware is capable of doing the same in software mode.

fine...
what do the EE% and GS% say in software mode ? On both rig, of course...
GPU load is 100%. The issue is the GPU or the drivers for it.

Very simple conclusion guys, so why all the bad talk Tongue2
(03-04-2012, 05:30 PM)rama Wrote: GPU load is 100%. The issue is the GPU or the drivers for it.

Very simple conclusion guys, so why all the bad talk Tongue2

exactly what I was trying to make him understand... Tongue2
Quote:1 .whats really low?, please supply fps.

It's in the screenshots.

Quote:400mhz might not sound like much but it can make a huge difference in performance

Overclocked the processor to 2.8ghz, already, as mentioned elsewhere in the thread.

Quote:Why not try the latest svn

Tried it already, mentioned elsewhere in the thread as well.

Quote:what do the EE% and GS% say in software mode ? On both rig, of course...

In the screenshots you'll see these values.

Quote:GPU load is 100%. The issue is the GPU or the drivers for it.

No, the issue is an edge case arising from some interaction between something the GSx plugin is DOING and something the driver/hardware is DOING.

It isn't possible for anyone to say, at this time, whether or not the problem is the plugin or the driver or the hardware. Someone needs to go in with the debugger and find out what's using all those cycles.

As I've said already - the developer doesn't need you to triage his bug reports for him. If he decides to investigate this, he'll find out what the actual problem is.