[bug report] Wipeout Pulse
This game runs superbly well in PCSX2, great frame rate and the graphics scale up nicely. It is just awesome to be able to play it on my PC so hats off to the team :-)

Two bugs though:-

1. Texture filtering gives the same bug I reported for Wipeout Fusion - a strange grid-like effect appears on a lot of the 2D bitmaps like menus, loading screens etc.

Just like Wipeout Fusion, turning off texture filtering solves this issue, but this has a big impact on the look of the engine glow and weapons effects.

2. The shadows underneath the ships flicker and glitch a lot of the time

In the screenshot, the ship in the foreground has the glitching shadow, but the ones in the background have normal shadows. This happens so often it is luck of the draw as to which ships will have normal shadows when you try to take a screenshot. This happens in both the DX9 and DX10 hardware renders on ATI and Nvidia, but doesn't happen in software mode. The bug is unrelated to texture filtering, happens regardless of if texture filtering is on or off.

HTH
Dave

My hardware:

Dell XPS420 (Q6600 @ 2.4ghz, Radeon HD 3870x2, 4gb RAM, Windows 7 x64)

Macbook Pro (June 2009) (T9600 @ 2.83ghz, Nvidia 9600M, 4gb RAM, Windows 7 x64 via bootcamp)

Sponsored links

What version of pcsx2 are you using? what version of gsdx? give us some info ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sorry, didn't copy and paste it from my other wipeout post, been up all night and starting to get sloppy.

Tried with both PCSX2 0.9.8 and the latest SVN auto build 5109. Used the most recent version of GSDx in each build, SSSE3 version on the desktop and SSE4 on the laptop. DX9 or DX10 hardware renderers as well. Speedhacks on or Speedhacks off.

The only two things that make a difference to bug #1 is whether or not texture filtering is on. The only thing I've found that makes a difference to bug #2 is software vs hardware renderer. Pretty much everything else I tried turned out to be irrelevent.

HTH
Dave

Are you using Speed hack of any sort?, because they are known to cause errors
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
Quote:Are you using Speed hack of any sort?, because they are known to cause errors

They sure are, which is why I tested with speedhacks on AND off. Just like I wrote in the post right above yours:-

Quote:Tried with both PCSX2 0.9.8 and the latest SVN auto build 5109. Used the most recent version of GSDx in each build, SSSE3 version on the desktop and SSE4 on the laptop. DX9 or DX10 hardware renderers as well. Speedhacks on or Speedhacks off.

The only two things that make a difference to bug #1 is whether or not texture filtering is on. The only thing I've found that makes a difference to bug #2 is software vs hardware renderer. Pretty much everything else I tried turned out to be irrelevent.

Anything else you lot need me to do, or can we just wait for the developer now to see if he's interested in this bug?

The developer here. (lol)

Try disabling upscaling in GSdx (native resolution), see if that fixes the bilinear filter issue on those bitmaps.
The shadows could also be helped by this. Shadows are often problematic for GSdx.
Quote:Try disabling upscaling in GSdx (native resolution), see if that fixes the bilinear filter issue on those bitmaps.
The shadows could also be helped by this. Shadows are often problematic for GSdx.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the game looks awful without upscaling because of the halved vertical resolution. I'll give it a go though if it gives you something to go on.
Got my Wipeout Fusion and Wipeout Pulse mixed up. Wipeout Pulse doesn't have halved vertical resolution, Wipeout Fusion does.

I did manage to reduce the texture glitches by switching to 3x native resolution rather than a custom resolution. With the exception of the shadow glitches, the game now runs perfectly at full speed and looks great!
Firstly, hello!

Secondly, I realise this is a huge necro-bump but my post pertains to the issue and it still seems to persist in the 1.4 build.

It's the shadows under the vehicles. In any hardware mode they glitch as badly as ever. They're fine when running in software mode.

Is this something that can be looked at or is just one of those lingering 'features'? Smile

I have Windows 7 Pro x64, i7 4770k @ 3.5 GHz, GTX 780 GPU and 8 gigs of RAM.