CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I have the problem only in certain scene
rather certain place in the game I move the character right he will left
I'm sure I set the key and everything
I do not understand

(12-12-2012, 01:38 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Not a valid bug report.
Moved to general discussion

Does it happen during the whole game ?
Or only in a particular scene ?
(12-12-2012, 01:47 AM)michellefland Wrote: I have the problem only in certain scene
rather certain place in the game I move the character right he will left
I'm sure I set the key and everything
I do not understand
Maybe telling us what scene is it could help (some people may have nearby savegame so to test it. For all that I know that problem is unknown to date.
Imagination is where we are truly real
ok here is a memory card save before the room sphere in zanarkand

(12-12-2012, 02:23 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Maybe telling us what scene is it could help (some people may have nearby savegame so to test it. For all that I know that problem is unknown to date.

Attached Files
.zip   memcards.zip (Size: 246,99 KB / Downloads: 94)
Please repair it as soon as possible
I think there was a puzzle room in FFX which switched controls - soo yeah, not an emulation bug - just an awfully cheap way to increase difficulty/confuse player, I think same stuff was added in some other FF games as well(ff7? not sure now;p).
The reverse control issue only happens on the room next to the airship deck. It presents on both NTSC-U and International versions, and maybe others as well.

To fix it, set the VUs Clamping Mode to "Extra + Preserve Sign". I don't remember exactly it was VUs or EE/IOP Clamping Mode or both. It has been quite a long time since I played the game.

Edit: Found it. If you're playing NTSC-U version, change VUs Clamping Mode. Else if you're playing International version, change EE/IOP Clamping mode (to Full).
(12-14-2012, 03:25 AM)michellefland Wrote: Please repair it as soon as possible

As Livy said, it is "repaired" already... the issue is caused by non compliant to standard modes from PS2. For that reason the clamp modes are supplied but can't be universalized yet.

Those clamping modes bring performance hit and as such should not be active for all games or all situations.

The best and quicker solution is asking Sony if they, graciously, would provide the devs with detailed documentation on the several chips used in PS2 and such... you could try it Smile
Imagination is where we are truly real
That actually happened to me when I played FFX on an actual PS2. It's only a small part (really really small) of the game so it didn't bother me.
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64