can I ran pcsx on this build
hello 
i'm planning to build a computer with rx 580 and ryzen 5 2600x
from what i've seen this is not the best combination for emulation 
an intel cpu and a nvidia gpu will preform better
but i'm on a budget and this is the only way to go for me

and i just wanna know if i can play some games like  kof 2 / jack and daxter / god of war
even in native resolution as long as the game will be playable

sorry for my poor english because it's not my first language

any info will be appreciated and thank you

Sponsored links

this should perform decently. maybe expect some slow downs on Jack & daxter (which one do you own, btw ?)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
The cpu will be fine but if you can,get an nvidia gpu(not that the amd gpu is bad but the nvidia gpu have much better OpenGL support and pcsx2 works better on OGL)
The cpu has 2141 points at single threaded performance which is enough for almost all games
My i7-4771 intel cpu have tinny bit higher score but the amd one have 2 extra physical cores

PCSX2 also runs fine on i7-6700HQ which have 1800stp

GTX 1050 and up should be fine(my GTX 750 TI is also fine but it's not very good for pc games)
(10-02-2019, 09:07 PM)jesalvein Wrote: this should perform decently. maybe expect some slow downs on Jack & daxter (which one  do you own, btw ?)
if it will preform decently that's enough for me
i didn't buy yet i's just doing some research before purchase
(10-02-2019, 09:10 PM)vsub Wrote: The cpu will be fine but if you can,get an nvidia gpu(not that the amd gpu is bad but the nvidia gpu have much better OpenGL support and pcsx2 works better on OGL)
The cpu has 2141 points at single threaded performance which is enough for almost all games
My i7-4771 intel cpu have tinny bit higher score but the amd one have 2 extra physical cores

PCSX2 also runs fine on i7-6700HQ which have 1800stp

GTX 1050 and up should be fine(my GTX 750 TI is also fine but it's not very good for pc games)

i've seen some reviews about the poor support of OpenGL  from amd . that's why I was worried
1050 is not good enough for 1080p gaming even 1050 ti is 40 % slower than rx 570

if it was possible I will get 1660 , if not i will stick with amd
The amd cards dont have good open gl support.  That said, I game on a threadripper 1950x and a RX 570.  I've not played any of the games you mentioned.. but for games like final fantasy xii and x and kingdom hearts 4x native in dx looks really good.  It's not perfect.. but very good.

If you can deal with minor effects not being there, you'll do quite well with that setup.  Your proposed processor is a little higher in stp than mine, and your video card is a smidge faster.

The gtx1050 is stronger than my gtx 750 ti, and the only game I tried that I couldn't support at 4x was shadow of the Colossus...that I played at 3x.
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
(10-06-2019, 04:45 PM)scythefwd Wrote: The amd cards dont have good open gl support.  That said, I game on a threadripper 1950x and a RX 570.  I've not played any of the games you mentioned.. but for games like final fantasy xii and x and kingdom hearts 4x native in dx looks really good.  It's not perfect.. but very good.

If you can deal with minor effects not being there, you'll do quite well with that setup.  Your proposed processor is a little higher in stp than mine, and your video card is a smidge faster.

The gtx1050 is stronger than my gtx 750 ti, and the only game I tried that I couldn't support at 4x was shadow of the Colossus...that I played at 3x.
how about gtx 1660 will it preform better
Any GeForce 10 series graphics card is good enough for pcsx2 emulation,
save your money on other hardware or software.
(10-02-2019, 08:58 PM)JoeY76 Wrote: hello 
i'm planning to build a computer with rx 580 and ryzen 5 2600x
from what i've seen this is not the best combination for emulation 
an intel cpu and a nvidia gpu will preform better
but i'm on a budget and this is the only way to go for me

and i just wanna know if i can play some games like  kof 2 / jack and daxter / god of war
even in native resolution as long as the game will be playable

sorry for my poor english because it's not my first language

any info will be appreciated and thank you
I have almost the same build as your going to build, only the non-X 2600, RX 580 too, it runs games perfectly fine. But only DX Mode Hardware/Software side on Windows, OpenGL is terrible Hardware/Software mode. So if you want to use OpenGL at Nvidia's Tier Performance on an AMD GPU, your gonna have to use Linux or Ubuntu, or Dual Boot with Windows and Linux/Ubuntu.