can't even get started
i've crawled the forums, but can't find an answer to my problem.
i have downloaded and and installed the nvidia set and x11 and the leopard build of pcsx2. when i open x11 and type
Code:
cd /Applications/pcsx2/bin
./pcsx2

well, i type the first part and it gives me a no such file or directory error. if i type out the whole address, ie cd /<hard drive name>/Applications/pcsx2/bin it lets me get to the next line. and i type ./pcsx2 and enter and it just moves the cursor down another line. nothing happens.

if i try to just open the pcsx2 app itself, it tells me it is not supported on this architecture.

granted its old hardware, but it should still run, albeit maybe not well.
i've got a g4 ppc running 10.5.8.

Anybody help me get this thing running?
Thanks....

Sponsored links

(04-15-2011, 07:18 AM)mdnghtphnx Wrote: i've crawled the forums, but can't find an answer to my problem.
i have downloaded and and installed the nvidia set and x11 and the leopard build of pcsx2. when i open x11 and type
Code:
./pcsx2

well, i type the first part and it gives me a no such file or directory error. if i type out the whole address, ie cd /<hard drive name>/Applications/pcsx2/bin it lets me get to the next line. and i type ./pcsx2 and enter and it just moves the cursor down another line. nothing happens.

if i try to just open the pcsx2 app itself, it tells me it is not supported on this architecture.

Thanks....

I don't think it's power pc compatible, I have the x86 and it still doesn't work
(04-15-2011, 07:18 AM)mdnghtphnx Wrote: i've crawled the forums, but can't find an answer to my problem.
Code:
./pcsx2

Thanks....

I dont think it works on non-Intel based macs, but you can try this guide:
Step One:
First make sure you have downloaded the following:
XQuartz

Step Two:
The non-Snow Leopard-version of PCSX2 since I have yet to meet a person whom actually gets it to work properly

Step Three:
And also the NVidia GC Frameworks

Step Four:
Install all wich you have downloaded. I wont be posting screenshots for that since I wont take the risk of destroying my PCSX 2 since I used so long time to get it up and running.

Step Five:
Then when all is downloaded and installed, you search for an application named XQuartz, open it.

Step Six:
You need to enable root user, here is a guide for that.

Step Seven:
Then type the following:
cd /Applications/pcsx2.app/contents/macos/ (press enter)
sudo tcsh (you will be asked to provide a password, provide the password for your root user)
./pcsx2 (this will after all your work, open ut the ever glorious PCSX2 MAC!!!!!!)

Dont hesitate to ask if you need any more than that, and if necessary, I can provide a screenshot guide :-)

- Kaze
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
no ppc, recompilers are only for x86
well, thank you kaze. but it looks like the man says it isn't possible. guess i'll have to save up and get a better puter. all i want to do is play we heart katamari. my ps2 got stolen a year or two ago, but they left all my games.
thanks everyone.