can this laptop play game well ?
how can I do that ? srry for the noob question.

Sponsored links

(08-14-2009, 03:57 PM)Force88 Wrote: how can I do that ? srry for the noob question.

see attachment (note it was in HW mode, hence it's greyed out)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

thanks alot, i put it in to 3.4 threads and now it runs a looooot more slower, while cpu usage is rising like a rocket

hardware mod: 98fps
software mod 1 thread: 55fps
sofware mod 3,4 thread: 34fps/30fps...
odd.. mine increased FPS
For a quad core with MTGS enabled, you want to have 2 software threads set. This will typically yield the best performance. But it still won't match HW in speed or quality in all but a very few gaming exceptions.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(08-14-2009, 05:36 PM)Air Wrote: For a quad core with MTGS enabled, you want to have 2 software threads set. This will typically yield the best performance. But it still won't match HW in speed or quality in all but a very few gaming exceptions.

and what about duals?
Should have only 1, in fact some games wont even work if you set it higher.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(08-14-2009, 04:55 PM)Force88 Wrote: thanks alot, i put it in to 3.4 threads and now it runs a looooot more slower, while cpu usage is rising like a rocket

hardware mod: 98fps
software mod 1 thread: 55fps
sofware mod 3,4 thread: 34fps/30fps...

Did I miss some sort of logic in allocation because the math in my head says no more than 2 threads. If you do some planning, it would be wise to leave a core for PCSX2's calculations and another core for your operating system. This leaves 2 empty cores which can (almost) be safely used at max by GSDX. But losing your graphics card to have an additional thread isn't usually the best option unless it is for compatibility issues or your graphics card isn't that good in the first place. Having 3 or 4 threads will cause competition between PCSX2, operating system, and GSDX which will slow everything down especially when PCSX2 only uses 1 thread which will be the bottleneck causing the extra threads for GSDX to do nothing but wait for PCSX2 to catch up.