can this laptop play game well ?
I'm going to buy a new laptop, although pcsx2 is not the main reason for me to choose it, but I want to know how will it perform anyway:

Dell Inspiron 1545
CPU P8600 2.4ghz
2gb of ram
vga hd4330 ddr2 mobility

will this laptop able to max out frame rate in some 2d games; like disgaea, atelier iris ? I was able to max out FFX with an c2d [email protected] 1 year ago, so I wonder if this one will do better ?

Sponsored links

for 2D games definitly

3D games not to many, final fantasy X and kingdom hearts wont form a problem
[Image: 1454055.png]
with speed hacks even many 3d games could run quite ok, but keep in mind that laptops are not built to run at high loads all the time, they tend to overheat very fast.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
The P series stays slightly cooler than the T series laptop cpu's

he should have no problems without overclock at all

my Q9000 is based on penryn (P series) as well, i never witniss above 62 celcius with overclock/ without laptop cooler, with laptop cooler my cpu doesnt go beyond 53 celcius in heavy load
ugh... i forgot about heat problem... people in my place said that dell laptop (non-latitude) tend to broke down because of heat more than other branches; is that correct ?

And btw, do any of you know about Asus X85S & Toshiba L510 series, they have good specs, too (cpu is only T4300, but vga is hd4570). Since they are too cheap & new in my country, I fear that their durability should be questioned...
(08-13-2009, 08:28 PM)Force88 Wrote: Since they are too cheap & new in my country, I fear that their durability should be questioned...

please forgive me if this comes out as me being an ass:

I don't care where you're from, or who you are, but pc hardware is the same everywhere. I have pc issues I get linked to the EUROPEAN sites for everything. memory, graphics card stuff, drivers, etc. an alienware m10 (wrong model number? don't really care) is an alienware m10 wherever you go. (this being an example, other brands/models are the same)
Saiki ur an ass Tongue

some laptop manifacturers have better quality laptops itself (not parts) some with ***** stuff that breaks down fast, bad internal fans, and stuff like that

Asus is good, toshiba is less in my opinion
(08-13-2009, 09:00 PM)ChronicNL Wrote: some laptop manifacturers have better quality laptops itself (not parts) some with ***** stuff that breaks down fast, bad internal fans, and stuff like that

Asus is good, toshiba is less in my opinion
completely missed my point..

an Acer aspire 3682 in the US is the same as an Acer aspire 3682 in EU. not that a Dell is the same as an HP
(08-13-2009, 08:35 PM)Saiki Wrote:
(08-13-2009, 08:28 PM)Force88 Wrote: Since they are too cheap & new in my country, I fear that their durability should be questioned...

please forgive me if this comes out as me being an ass:

I don't care where you're from, or who you are, but pc hardware is the same everywhere. I have pc issues I get linked to the EUROPEAN sites for everything. memory, graphics card stuff, drivers, etc. an alienware m10 (wrong model number? don't really care) is an alienware m10 wherever you go. (this being an example, other brands/models are the same)
I didnt mean to offend you, I just thought that 'cause the prices are too cheap compare to those of HP-Compaq .v.v. , the manufaturer may 'simplify' the heatsink, which may lead to the laptop broke down.

edit: my mistake, I thought you're comparing about different branches...
(08-13-2009, 08:28 PM)Force88 Wrote: ugh... i forgot about heat problem... people in my place said that dell laptop (non-latitude) tend to broke down because of heat more than other branches; is that correct ?

i doubt that anyone has made enough long term mass comparison tests to verify such statements. my inspiron 9400 is running more or less 24/7 for over 2.5 years now and the dell service here in germany is also very good. i personally see no reason to discourage anyone from buying a dell.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403