cant play any game, lags way too much
hey guys

for the past week i've been trying to play my ps2 games but the emulator doesnt want to work.

every game i play i only get about 20 fps
ive tried every single guide out there

here are my specs:
amd athlon II x3 450 processor 3.20 GHz
8 gb ram
windows 8 64 bit

im not sure what to add. if you need more info just let me know

thanks

Sponsored links

GPU?

Also your CPU is too weak.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
aw ok, thanks for the info Sad
Try overclocking to around 3.6 ghz if your motherboard allows it. Also, what game(s) are you trying to play? What GSdx settings are you using? Any speedhacks tried?
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

It still most likely won't matter. Although, OP might play some of the easy on the cpu games.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(01-07-2014, 12:50 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: Try overclocking to around 3.6 ghz if your motherboard allows it. Also, what game(s) are you trying to play? What GSdx settings are you using? Any speedhacks tried?

1) i dont really like overclocking Sad im afraid im going to break it
2) i tried playing area 51, champions of norrath, and metropolismania 2, they all work but as soon as i start playing (after the title) they go down to 20 fps
3) i deleted the emulator (sadly) but i left that alone
4) yes i tried them, they dont work for me

my brother and i built this computer a few years ago, it might be time to upgrade :3

EDIT: i can use dolphin just fine tho, i would think it would put more of a strain on the computer, no?
please no hate i dont really know THAT much about computers, but i know some things
1. Overclocking is not going to break anything. It might make your CPU life shorter by a small amount, but if you are gonna upgrade anyway, what have you got to lose? As long as you don't adjust the CPU voltage, it's really very safe to overclock.

Even a newer processor like mine (AMD FX 6300) may need an overclock for PCSX2 which is ultra demanding. I have mine at 4.12ghz