cant setup emulator
ive just downloaded 0.9.8 (r4600) version an used my own bios files, ive tried using several games and the videp screen flashed on and off and a dialogue box opens saying -- ' A file could not be created. path: C:\program files\PCSX2 0.9.8\bios\SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.nvm'. what am i doing wrong an how can i get it sorted thanks in advance

Sponsored links

Try running as admin (right click).
Try uninstalling and then installing again to a simpler location like "C:\PCSX2".
Try using the binary package and just unpack it to a simple location like "C:\PCSX2" and just run the .exe in that folder once extracted.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-0-9...ows-Binary
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
i done that an it is working with the exception of extreme slow motion, even the basic ps2 OS is starting up slow and the sound is slow too
Simply because your PC is not powerful enough. Have you used an console emulator before?
(07-21-2011, 03:59 AM)Livy Wrote: Simply because your PC is not powerful enough. Have you used an console emulator before?

yes i have used a console emulator b4, ive used the original psx emulator and a psp emulator, and both of which where a lot easier to setup then this, my pc hardware is as follows:

windows 7 enterprise SP1 32-bit (x86), intel pentium dual core E2180 @ 2Ghz ea core, 3Gb ram, GeForce 9500 GT 1GB dedicated VRAM.

ive seen this emulator work on a lot less then what i have, so what am i doing wrong, ive tried various games including final fantasy x-2 and ff-12, even dbz budokai 3 they all seem to start ok then when the fmv/cgi sequences start it goes into slow-motion even the sound is slow
(07-21-2011, 05:00 PM)munchbunch Wrote: ive seen this emulator work on a lot less then what i have, so what am i doing wrong

"A lot less", huh? That's funny you'd say that, because yours is just barely into the feasible range... Laugh

Seriously, dude. You're not gonna get the fastest results with those specs. Yeah, some games can be alright, but many will see slowdowns, or just plain run slow.

Set the internal resolution to native, and apply Speedhacks.
ok ive done everything tht i was told to do now the last problem i have is a slight echoe on the audio, for example im trying to play final fantasy 10-2, and on the opening sequence the crowd seem to cheer twice an the same time, an then rikku kinda says 'Y Y, R R, P P, lets lets go go girls girls', how do i stop this echoe ive had a look at the audio settings an i just dont know what im looking at, im using the '0.9.6' version
You have that problem because you're not getting full speed in that video. Nothing you can do about it except trying some speedhacks which might make the video out of sync or get a faster PC that can play the scene full speed.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64