changing controller layout doesnt work
Hello,

I want to change the layout of my Xbox one controller in PCSX2, however if i go to "GamePad settings" it wont accept any input from my controller, only from my mouse and keyboard. 
I tried connecting the controller via Bluetooth and USB but none of them worked.

Could someone please help me?

Sponsored links

(03-06-2021, 01:43 PM)zJanny Wrote: Hello,

I want to change the layout of my Xbox one controller in PCSX2, however if i go to "GamePad settings" it wont accept any input from my controller, only from my mouse and keyboard. 
I tried connecting the controller via Bluetooth and USB but none of them worked.

Could someone please help me?

I'm having the same issue on latest Manjaro with the latest PCSX2. No luck getting any info on the issue or a fix...
(04-03-2021, 12:38 PM)Oatmeal49 Wrote: I'm having the same issue on latest Manjaro with the latest PCSX2. No luck getting any info on the issue or a fix...

Same situation here
(04-03-2021, 12:38 PM)Oatmeal49 Wrote: I'm having the same issue on latest Manjaro with the latest PCSX2. No luck getting any info on the issue or a fix...

I feel like I have to post here. I got it working with wired controllers x2, but no luck getting anything to work if my wireless controller or even the dongle is plugged into the computer. So maybe disconnect all wireless controllers (I've got a wireless headset that works just fine) and try again.
i am experiencing the same problem.

Kernel: 5.12.0
Controller: PS4 edit: switch pro controller
Build's tried: 1.7.0.r1154.bc477e1ce-1, 1.7.0.r1225.5639273ce-1, i also tried this build of the 64 bit version to see if the 64bit one would work 1.7.0.r1167.048356a39-1.

i tried both wired and trough bluetooth. i can map keyboard, mouse no problem. the controller work's and if i go in gamepad configuration it detect's it and can even rumble it. i have tried on all 3 listed build's (the first one is the premade binary from the arch(manjaro) repo). i have also tried running pcsx2 from steam to see if the steam controller Xinput translation would help. all it changed is that running it trough steam it get's detected as a xinput device instead of a sony controller. i do know that this is a regression as before this exact controller did work. but unfortunately i dont know what version update broke it. hope this information help's.

EDIT: tested with a nintendo switch pro controller. same result as with the ps4 controller. work's perfectly fine on all my games and other emulator's like dolphin but unable to map it to pcsx2 regardless of if it is wired or wireless. figured this belonged more in an edit than a new post.
Same issue, controller no longer registering any input.

Kernel: linux-xanmod-cacule 5.11.12-1
Controller: PS4
Builds Tested: 1.7.0.r1154.bc477e1ce-1 and 1.7.0.r1225.5639273ce-1

My controller's wired input is finnicky so I never use it. As for wireless I connect using an 8BitDo receiver, which allows using both XInput and DInput for my PS4 controller. Neither input works in gamepad config. Keyboard and mouse works fine.
Seems there are a few ppl having issues with this. I just tested quickly with my machine (Linux Mint 20.1, Ubuntu 20.04 based), and indeed, I wasn't able to bind keys with my XBox 360 Controller (wired) anymore. I've opened an issue on the bugtracker here: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/4414
Tired of always changing your PCSX2 Configuration for different games?

Check this out: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-MultiConfigTool