cheats doesnt work
I run my PCSX2 1.0.0 with european bios and play the NTSC version of Tekken 5. When I try to use cheats it doesnt work.

I pasted this http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=17184 into the 652050d2.pnach file and pasted it into the pcsx2\cheats folder. Also I checked the box for "activate cheats" in the emulator. But it shows me

'No cheats found. Resuming execution without cheats...'

Sponsored links

(12-29-2012, 07:07 PM)quadans Wrote: I run my PCSX2 1.0.0 with european bios and play the NTSC version of Tekken 5. When I try to use cheats it doesnt work.

I pasted this http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=17184 into the 652050d2.pnach file and pasted it into the pcsx2\cheats folder. Also I checked the box for "activate cheats" in the emulator. But it shows me

'No cheats found. Resuming execution without cheats...'

No cheats found means the file is not where it should or is wrongly named.

First make sure the CRC for the game you play is that on the file name (verify it on PCSX2 console log).

Second make sure it is inside a folder called "cheats" at the same folder PCSX2 is installed (you stated it but refer to the last hypothesis).

A third possibility is Windows is hiding the extension and your file is actually 652050d2.pnach.txt where the .txt extension does not show up.

Last but not least, you may have PCSX2 installed at C:\Program Files x(86) and that is BAD news. IN this case the best advice not trying to surpass Windows dumbness (you'll hardly succeed), reinstall it on a folder yourself create, let's say C:\PCSX2 or whatever folder you want to install, just avoid those Windows folders. After having done it, move whatever content the emulator placed inside the PCSX2 folder at the Documents folder to the new location. EDIT: If needed, create an empty file called portable.ini at the PCSX2 root folder, this will grant the emulator will use that root as it's structure. By root folder I mean whatever named folder the pcsx2.exe is installed.

The bios is no problem, the message is clear, the expected pnach file is not found.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I have installed it at C:\Program Files x(86) . Gonna try it with other path.

Edit : I see the problem now. I thought I had to make a folder in my documents with the name 'cheats' (where sstates,plugins etc are). Instead the foldler is placed at C:\Program Files . Now it works!
Binaries version of PCSX2 works best at preventing confusion over file paths.