choppy gameplay
Sad 
Hi there, okay so I'm running the emulator some games are pretty slow but my FPS happens to be around 40 to 60. This has happened with a few of my games but mostly with FFX2 and xenosaga, although FFX worked well and the graphics are pretty much the same as FFX2.

I'm running a NIVIDIA 9800 GX2, an Intel core quad-2,
ive got 8 gigs of ram,

I don't really know why slow and choppy, I can run most the higher and computer games on max settings, so I'd really like some help with this please.

Thank you.

Sponsored links

maybe but FFX-2 is more demanding than FFX anyways.
and xenosaga is demanding too.
what is your CPU clockspeed ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-06-2010, 05:42 PM)firewalker1 Wrote: Hi there, okay so I'm running the emulator some games are pretty slow but my FPS happens to be around 40 to 60. This has happened with a few of my games but mostly with FFX2 and xenosaga, although FFX worked well and the graphics are pretty much the same as FFX2.

I'm running a NIVIDIA 9800 GX2, an Intel core quad-2,
ive got 8 gigs of ram,

I don't really know why slow and choppy, I can run most the higher and computer games on max settings, so I'd really like some help with this please.

Thank you.

So you should provide enough informations to help us to understand the problem.

These would include 'de facto' information about the CPU, the video card is indeed OK albeit SLI may hinder more than help the emulator.

How you configured the emu and plugins is probably where to look for.

My car does not move, it has a very powerful engine, can you help me?
Imagination is where we are truly real
Heres my DxDiag, hope its helps and I've messed with the plugins trying many different things. I've looked at the guide but hasn't really helped me for this problem..........and my bad 4 gigs of ram.

Attached Files
.txt   DxDiag.txt (Size: 46,59 KB / Downloads: 392)
(07-06-2010, 06:58 PM)firewalker1 Wrote: Heres my DxDiag, hope its helps and I've messed with the plugins trying many different things. I've looked at the guide but hasn't really helped me for this problem..........and my bad 4 gigs of ram.

Your machine should run these games within full speed with minimal speed hack if any. You should not look at emulation the same way as native games. Doing so may lead you to mistakes, one the most common is increasing too much the internal resolution, try leaving it at 1x (what actually reflects the value you input in the boxes), a better approach is trying to find the internal resolution your machine can output the max FPS without any speed hack (The secret is to find the equilibrium between performance vs visual eye candy).

Once the better internal resolution is established you turn the hacks on, one at a time starting with those marked as "recommended". afterward if needed you may want to push the EE cyclerate to 1... Some games will do nice with VU cycle stealing on 1 and even 2 sometimes... but NOT Xenosaga, this hack mess the sound sync very badly in this game. Once you get the game running steady you can try enhancing the visual a bit... and repeat...

Be aware the EE cyclerate will let the sound choppy in most games on 2 and above.

Addendum: you may want to disable SLI for the emulator.

PS: it's a rule of thumb to keep an eye on the EE and GS output in percents (you see them on the title window), high EE normally means the CPU is being pushed to the limit while GS normally means the GPU is being stressed. You can use this to help deciding where apply some relief.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Thank you, i managed to get it to work, and i will keep all your info and advice in mind.