clarification
iv tried reading the threads but i havent quite figured it out yet

playground is basically when pcsx2 was being made it got split off in two directions??

basically it doesnt matter i just want to know if playground is better/more likely to work better if i use it instead of pcsx2

can someone tell me?

ta

Sponsored links

Playground is, at this point, a continuation of Pcsx2 development. It didn't start out that way, but that's where it stands now. Official is essentially inactive as of now.

Playground is definitely more likely to work better than Pcsx2 for almost all games. We've made some significant improvements to emulation accuracy and compatibility, especially in recent SVN revisions over the past week. The drawback is that Playground will be slower for some games (at least if you want to have the benefit of more accurate emulation, with speedhacks disabled). Although Playground also has many speedups too, so many more games run significantly faster than on Official.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
is playground likely to be like... condensed back into a release of pcsx2?
Nobody knows for sure as of now.
it seems to work a lot better

but is there a frame limit?

i cant find a frame limit option and im getting (with speed hacks) like 250% speed which slightly stuffs it up

is there a way to get a frame limit on there?

im using Gsdx (SSE 4)
and also, is there an option to stop the screensaver like there is on epsxe?

becasue i havnt found one but that would be useful...
Just manually put it to 1 - 2 hours until it starts running or just disable whole thing and turn off your monitor when you don't need it. Screensaver is only useful if you use plasma tv that needs motion picture so images won't get burned in.

Or then you want be ego with cool screensaver or want give instruction for something or advertise something when nobody uses it...
[Image: FireFlower.jpg]
[Image: 463094.png]
(12-22-2008, 12:06 PM)cyberia Wrote: it seems to work a lot better

but is there a frame limit?

i cant find a frame limit option and im getting (with speed hacks) like 250% speed which slightly stuffs it up

is there a way to get a frame limit on there?

im using Gsdx (SSE 4)

Yes there is,read the configuration guide next time before asking obvious questions like this:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2298.html

About screen saver,if you use the Lilypad plugin for input,there is an option "Disable screensaver"
[Image: newsig.jpg]
thanks