closing PCSX2 using a controller?
(10-05-2013, 09:19 AM)oOCrazyGamerOo Wrote: Probably XPadder can do the trick but i cant see a point anyways? Smile Windows about multitasking and mouse+keyboard controls.
If OP want to relax on big sofa far away from big TV,then consoles best idea.
Really, do you want someone to explain you what pcsx2 is and what are its pros and cons over original console ?
I mean, you really started using it yesterday ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

(10-05-2013, 09:37 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Really, do you want someone to explain you what pcsx2 is and what are its pros and cons over original console ?
I mean, you really started using it yesterday ?
Yesterday what ? Laugh PCSX2 or consoles? PCSX2 maybe ..3 years and consoles may be..15 years.And i cant see any connections between topic we discussing and pros and cons of emulation?
I prefer not to mix all this altogether.Gamepad for precise controls in game,keyboard and mouse for different needs.If i want to play on PC ,why i need to think how PCSX2 can be turned off with gamepad?Really strange idea.. I can plugin 360 controller ,play something and done.
OP question is : Possible to close PCSX2 with gamepad ? Answer is no ,because this not supported feature and no again because this feature not required for PCSX2 functionality.Cant see anything to discuss further Smile
(10-05-2013, 02:50 PM)oOCrazyGamerOo Wrote: And i cant see any connections between topic we discussing and pros and cons of emulation?
simple. you said earlier :
Quote:If OP want to relax on big sofa far away from big TV,then consoles best idea.
sure, but he won't have unlimited memcards, HD graphics, savestates , etc... anything emulation may offer over a console. i suggest you try pcsx2 to know what i'm talking about.
Quote:OP question is : Possible to close PCSX2 with gamepad ? Answer is no ,because this not supported feature and no again because this feature not required for PCSX2 functionality.Cant see anything to discuss further Smile
using Xpadder or Joy2key may help.
that said, if ALT+F4 mapped to a button isn't the best, maybe you could try customizing the Sys_Suspend function through pcsx2_hotkeys.ini, then map this cutsomized key to your pad button through one of the 3rd party software mentioned above.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I have a gaming rig so I don't want to go back to consoles.

Xpadder is a definite option. I was thinking of creating a batch script and mapping a key or button press through eventghost to kill the pcsx2 process. Would that work?

I tried to use xpadder TBH but I got very confused on how it all works. I was unsure which button would be good to sacrifice also since I do game a lot using STEAm and the controller.
xbox button, simple