compatability key needs a new key IMO
That much can already be done in the unofficial wiki or the screenshots thread or even the threads for a specific game where anybody can contribute.
Examples from the unofficial wiki:
http://pcsx2.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Gran_Turismo_4
http://pcsx2.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

Why do people still think emulation is the same thing than running native... didn't occurs the GS itself is emulated?

Of course good GPU to process a bunch of vectors is yet required... PS2 games developers should have made the graphics in OpenGL or DirectX... no graphics glitches, no geometry errors due to incorrect translation, it would help emulation a lot, how inconsiderate them.
Imagination is where we are truly real
for me if I can manage 20 (on most) it's comical. certainly playable (friends laugh at the slow voices, mom says "how can you stand it?" or "hard to take 'him' seriously" (Azul in DoC-FF7) etc etc
course if a list of "playable" or "smooth running" games was compiled it could be listed saying that your using recommended specs...which what are the recommended specs for pcsx2 ? LOL
AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz, 8192MB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
The recommended specs

Recommended Processors:

Intel Core 2 Duo / Core i3 @ 3.2Ghz or faster
Intel Core i5 / i7 @ 2.66Ghz or faster
AMD Phenom II / Athlon II (X2, X3 or X4) @ 3.4Ghz or faster

Recommended VGA cards:

Nvidia Geforce 9600GT / 8800GT or better
ATI Radeon 4750 or better

These are obviously very generalized. It's not like every game will play well even by exceeding these recommendations. Likewise, you can still play a good share of games with little (or no) trouble if you come a little short of the recommended (i.e. a Core 2 Duo @ 2.8Ghz with a Radeon 4650).

Also, with all of the given variables (use of speedhacks, use of resolution, a particular game's performance, a particular user's opinion on what's "good enough", etc...), one could find many games playable on even lesser specs (i.e. a Core 2 Duo @ 2.0Ghz with a low-end card, some have even "pulled it off" with an IGP).

You really need to just try the game, or do some research on the forums (or even the Wiki). Even then, you're still potentially dealing with opinions and what's usually slightly differents specs at the least. Trying for yourself truely is the best way.