compatibility pcsx2
hi, i've been trying to make this emulator work for many many years and stil haven't got it to work. i thought it was becaouse of my video card, but i bought a new laptop with better stats. alos, a friend of mine is running it with lower stats than mine, lower ram and a much worse graphics card.
anyone has an idea of how to configure it? i don't care too much for the graphics, as long as the games are playable. which version should i use?

my stats are

windows 7 64 bit home premium
4 gb ram
2.53 GHz
toshiba satellite M645
card: intelHD graphics with 1696 of total memory

hope someone knows what to do. thanks

Sponsored links

Configuration Guide

The type of CPU is pretty important.
Even if there is weaker graphics units out there, anything Intel is typically on the weak side. Most integrated graphics are. Keep the internal res lower in general, and don't expect that to always "do the trick".

With the topic of "compatibility", I was expecting to see the name of at least one game...
(08-14-2011, 06:37 AM)Rezard Wrote: Configuration Guide

The type of CPU is pretty important.
Even if there is weaker graphics units out there, anything Intel is typically on the weak side. Most integrated graphics are. Keep the internal res lower in general, and don't expect that to always "do the trick".

With the topic of "compatibility", I was expecting to see the name of at least one game...

oh, sorry for not mentioning a game. i'm not interrested in many games, but i would really like to be able to play metal gear solid 2 and 3, final fantasy 10, and the 2 twelves, and kingdom hearts 2, 3, and re chain of memories.
probable the metal slug collection also.

for the cpu, i think i have the core i5 CPU
i also forgot to mention that y alredy checked the guide, and it seems like it should run great, but still i don't know anything about the graphics card. as i said, i have an intel HD graphics. my friend has a "intel chipset family" or something like that. that was the same one i had on my old laptop, and i had worse results.

last time i tried to run the mulator i was trying to rum Metal Gear Slid 2. it had a nice speed, but as long as the game menu started it started to gear really really laggy. and when the game started it was even worse.

i think the main problem i have is related to the emulator configuration, but i dont know how to do so with my specifications. this lap supports pixel shader 4. also, i've tried to run it on a desk PC, but the results are even worse, even if it has a good ram memory
I'd forget about MGS2/3 with that machine, for now let's focus on something easier like FFX.

What do the EE/GS% numbers in the game window say when you get slowdowns? What PCSX2 settings? What plugin settings?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
2.53 GHz intel i5 ?
it's either i5 460M or newer sandy bridge

cpu-wise, this use be enough, as i've played FFX before in lower i5 (430m, 2.27 GHz) and it work just fine.
just remember to enable speedhack.
for me, i enable all 3 recommended speedhack, EE cyclerate hack to 2, and VU stealing to 1.
iirc, teh only time EE reach almost 100% is at the opening cutscene, for normal gameplay and battle, never drop below 60 fps and EE ranged between 60-75%

since my laptop use nvidia card, can't say for sure about that intel IGP. but it would be safer to use native res with that. or use software mode (iirc, this i5 can handle FFX in software mode well)
[Image: 1921765.png]
the 2 twelves? im assuming since you said this after ffx your referring to FFX-2 (10-2, not 12) and FFXII (12). in that case, based off the CPU you should be able to run FFX and FFXII (FFXII will be slower than FFX though and FMVs might not be fast enough), since my CPU is weaker than yours and i can play both of them, though i think FFX-2 requires more than FFXII. as for MGS, i dont know about MGS2 but 3 i have read is a very power hungry game, so i dont think you will have much luck with obtaining playable speeds.

KH2 should be fine based on the CPU, and 3? there is no KH3 yet... chain of memories re i dont know how that will run as i dont have it.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
The processor can't be a Sandy Bridge. SB goes off a 100Mhz BCLK, so there's no getting "2.53Ghz from that. Wink

FFX and Kingdom Hearts are two of your best bets. The other FFs and KHs should prove a little heavier and harder for your system to keep full speed, but are potentially playable. Use somw Speedhacks, keep the resolution low, and don't be surprised if you encounter scenes from time to time that your system just simply will not be capable of keeping full speed.

This will often be thanks to your GPU being weak. For the record; neither you or your friend are using actual graphics cards. You are both running on integrated graphics, which are typically synonymous with "slow performance".

And MGS 2 and 3 are not going to run well on that laptop. That's for sure.
I have no clue about Metal Slug, though...
well, actually i'm not caring too much on the mgs games, since they will be re released in hd by november. i do not have any version of pcsx2 because i deleted everything i had to re configure everything. the last one i had had a wizard which froze after configuring the plugins