microsoft windows XP
Media center edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3
Dell Dimension DM051
Intel®
Pentium® 4 CPU 3.40 GHz
3.39GHz, 1.99GB of RAM

if you could provide a link to a pcsx2 already configured for these specs i would greatly appreciate it if there is anymore information that you need to optimize the configuration i would be more than happy to provide you with it.

i dont know about the hyper-threading but i believe i have an intergrated video card so its nothing special and the only gsdx that works for me is Gsdx (MSVC 15.00, sse2) 0.1.14

Sponsored links

dang... another P4 Dx... is it hyper-threading compatible?
what kind of graphics card do you have? it is important to know what gsdx config will work for you
oh, and apply speed hacks, it will be the only way to get playable speeds with that cpu
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
It would be easier if you told us what graphics card you have and what game are you trying to play as a pentium 4 may not be fast enough for running most games at a playable speed.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(08-05-2009, 07:56 PM)zeronames Wrote: ...
if you could provide a link to a pcsx2 already configured for these specs i would greatly appreciate it if there is anymore information that you need to optimize the configuration i would be more than happy to provide you with it.

get the latest beta installer package from this forum, but your cpu will definitely limit your fps with many games. some 2d rpgs, ffx and kh might run ok with some speed hacks. and please don't ask for links to preconfigured or otherwise modified pcsx2 packs, popular way to spread malicious code. any suspicious attachments will probably be deleted by a mod, anyways. get your pcsx2 and plugins only from the official sources: www.pcsx2.net and this forum.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
i dont know about the hyper-threading but i believe i have an intergrated video card so its nothing special and the only gsdx that works for me is Gsdx (MSVC 15.00, sse2) 0.1.14
well, obviously you can only use SSE2, SSSE3 was introduced with the core 2 duo and therefore is unable to run in your machine. mmmm... try running pcsx2 and post the log file here, we will be able to see if it can run HT or not. and for the graphics card, could you please be more specific? there are tons of integrated cards by now (Nvidia 8200G, intel GMA 950, X3100, Ati HD 3200, etc). What kind of games do you want to play?
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
I have the same CPU. It has HT (but it can be disabled in the BIOS configuration) and only support SSE2.
(08-06-2009, 05:58 PM)marche1990 Wrote: well, obviously you can only use SSE2, SSSE3 was introduced with the core 2 duo and therefore is unable to run in your machine. mmmm... try running pcsx2 and post the log file here, we will be able to see if it can run HT or not. and for the graphics card, could you please be more specific? there are tons of integrated cards by now (Nvidia 8200G, intel GMA 950, X3100, Ati HD 3200, etc). What kind of games do you want to play?

sorry i cant be more specific with the graphics card i dont know how to check it and how do i post the log file i am unsure of what you mean also i want to be able to play games like rogue galaxy, KH, KH2, FFX, FFXII pretty much games like that but to be honest i think im just gonna have to buy a comp thats more powerful but if i dont then thank you
Run dxdiag (do a search for it if you don't know where it's at on your computer) and click the "display" tab. That will tell you what graphics your computer uses.

Your CPU is most likely going to bottleneck you, and the integrated graphics definitely won't help the situation at all. A dual core is almost always necessary to get anything playable on any non-2d games.
[Image: 2748844.png]