constant issues
I have the latest version of pcsx2 on my Alienware i7 laptop (windows) and every game i try to play runs into constant issues, champions: return to arms fps keep rubberbanding, ratchet and clank also has fps rubberbanding issues, black runs into severe graphics problems. I have tried litterally everything, I have pcsx2 saved and running from my external hard-drive with over 1 terabyte of space left, it was originally on my D drive which has roughly the same, I have tweaked my video settings in every way that any video or forum post suggests to fix fps and graphics issues and nothing helps, my ps1 emulator works without any hassle but i can not get pcsx2 to work for me, please for the love of god someone give me information that will help me out as I do not have much money to buy new games so this emulator is pretty much my only way to enjoy games I do not already have.
These are my current video settings and pc specs:

Settings- Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M
Renderer: Direct3D11 (Hardware) i have also tried the software version, no change
Interlacing: None, also have in on Auto sometimes
Allowing 8-Bit textures
Internal Resolution: 6x Native, I normally have it on Native
Texture Filtering: Bilinear (PS2)
CRC Hack Level: Full (Safest)

All other settings are grayed out (yes i know it is because of the renderer I am using)

Pc Specs- Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4900MQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 32.0GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Windows Version: 8.1

I wrote my specs and settings in the exact format they appear on my screen, just incase anyone seeing this finds some of the text redundant.

Sponsored links

Moving to support section, not a bug report Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

ah cheers, thanks for that, sorry i didnt see that section and figured bug report was close enough Tongue2
No problems Smile

Can you provide all your PCSX2 settings as well, also if you are playing from iso or dvd

im guessing you mean to include sound settings and what not
Audio- Interpolation: Cubic (artificial highs)
Module: XAudio 2 (Recommended)
Synchronizing Mode: TimeStretch (Recommended)
Audio Expansion Mode: Stereo (none, default)

EE/IOP, VUs, GS are all left as default and i change my speedhacks constantly to try to get stable fps
Also im playing from iso
yeh it's the speedhacks i'm most worried about when you mentioned rubber banding. Also possibly Game fixes.

once we get that sorted, we will need to know what your power plan in windows is set to, to see if we can squeeze some more juice out of that.

It could also be beneficial to you to download the latest Git build from here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php (top download link in the list), then use the OpenGL hardware renderer in GSDX as Gregory has made some optimisations to make games like Champions of Norrath run quicker. I wouldn't use Native x6 either, that's very taxing on your GPU, keep it down to a max of about x2 or x3 (have a play and see what the performance impact is)

Ok, ill try leaving speedhacks off and tweak them a bit more, see how that goes. My power usage is set to high performance. I will try that download out, hopefully it helps, cheers for the assistance so far. Also, Black miraculously stopped with it's graphics issue, not sure how although the mouse speed is quite slow, i changed my mouse sensitivity in control up to max and it didn't change in game at all, any ideas to help that?
(04-09-2016, 09:03 PM)Nolrac Wrote: Ok, ill try leaving speedhacks off and tweak them a bit more, see how that goes. My power usage is set to high performance. I will try that download out, hopefully it helps, cheers for the assistance so far. Also, Black miraculously stopped with it's graphics issue, not sure how although the mouse speed is quite slow, i changed my mouse sensitivity in control up to max and it didn't change in game at all, any ideas to help that?

Using the mouse for analog sticks has always been kinda horrible, I tend to map it to keys. I would really recommend getting a controller for you laptop though, it doesn't have to be fancy, as long as it has analog sticks Smile

yeah i tried using keys but in an FPS game it is really difficult, I have been meaning to get a controller though, what do you think would be better? ps2 or xbox? i may even just get a steam controller, not just for the emulator but my other games too
I've heard the steam controller is actually quite horrible.

Your best bet is the xbox controller, as nice as using a PS2 pad for PCSX2 is (I use one and a converter) it doesn't really work very well with any modern pc games as they all just support the xbox controller, so that would make things a bit more universal for you Smile