convert theAny way to convert save file from USA version to JAP version?
Question 
Is it possible to convert the save file from USA version to JAP version? Any software? because my friends give me the USA save file and my game cannot read the save file.

Sponsored links

no, just because there is no way for a piece of software to convert one region format to another one. :closedeeyes:
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
(03-22-2009, 07:10 PM)Ho~~ Wrote: Is it possible to convert the save file from USA version to JAP version? Any software? because my friends give me the USA save file and my game cannot read the save file.

nah theres no software to do that cuz the USA port of the game could have chosen any random way to store its game data.
all games are ported differently, and thus it would be impossible to make a universal save-file converter.

if you're lucky, the USA savefile would work without any modifications in the Jap game, if that doesn't work then theres nothing you can do :/
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
Tongue 
oh i see....... , this means that i have to play all of it by my own, sad.. Sad
i believe i can complete the game by my own , gambateh Tongue
Try this (untested)

With mymc extract the game save from the memcard, one from both version (USA and JAP)
With Ps2 save builder extract from the game save the file with a name like BESCES-53372GAMEDATA from both game saves
Exchange names BESCES-53372GAMEDATA with the other and do the reverses steps:
With Ps2 save builder import to game save the file with a name like BESCES-53372GAMEDATA from both game saves
With mymc import the game save to the memcard

With ps(1) and some games it works, i don't know with ps2
you'd probably need to hex-edit it though. cause the saves have (for example) SLUS 90567 inside the file text.