crc management for gsdx gui
wait you talking about the Emulator hacks? or the GSDX hacks? the emulator hacks have been on automatic forever on my end, if your talking the GSDX hacks you not imply you want to remove them from manual use and want to automate them?

Sponsored links

sorry I mean gsdx hack.

Currently if you want to configure crc hack you have several options
1/ disable crc hack
2/ agressive crc hack
3/ auto skip depth

It misses the capability to disable some hack for opengl. If you want to have shadows in SO3
you need to
1/ enable user hack
2/ disable agressive crc hack
If you switch to a new game, you need to reconfigure gsdx to reenable crc.
Sounds good to me.
Due to the nature of these hacks, a tiny and neat solution will not be possible.
Your suggestion does at least unify all those possible combinations a bit and puts
them in one place.
There's no drawback so go for it! Tongue2
Ok, I created a branch https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/tree/gsdx-crc-management
So this sound like "preset" option for GSDX hacks, much like preset for the emulator. this could be good for people that are new and dont bother to test GSDX hacks with there games to see if the fix anything.

This all fine and dandy , but we will still be able to pick and choose the gsdx hacks we need manual like always right?? if your taking the ablity to do manual away i say stop. I some of us would like to be incontrol of what gsdx hacks are used cause i read this all as you want to remove manual use in favor of automation, which i dont like the idea of
This is about CRC hacks, do read the thread before replying will you.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-31-2015, 08:19 AM)gregory Wrote: sorry I mean gsdx hack.

Currently if you want to configure crc hack you have several options
1/ disable crc hack
2/ agressive crc hack
3/ auto skip depth

It misses the capability to disable some hack for opengl. If you want to have shadows in SO3
you need to
1/ enable user hack
2/ disable agressive crc hack
If you switch to a new game, you need to reconfigure gsdx to reenable crc.

That was gregory post yes? he said GSDX hack.. or is there some other GSDX hack, cause and all the things he mentioned are in the GSDX hack section. so yes i did read the thread

He says GSDX hack then he say CRC hack there 2 in there that crc and he mentions several options and the 2 crc hack there only have an on off state, so what i get from that is he means all the hacks there. If you dont see why i asking what i asking then i dont know what to say cause he mentions CRC hack yet mention hacks that arnt crc inthe GSXD hack config, I just want make the ability to manual pick which gsdx hack are used is still there, and not need to use the preset idea.
The thread title says CRC management for GSdx GUI and his OP talks about CRC hack levels. Please if you don't know what we're talking about don't pollute the thread.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
The CRC Management is just combining 2 options so it makes much more sense, it isn't turning hacks on and off for you with safety levels.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-02-2015, 08:06 PM)Bositman Wrote: The thread title says CRC management for GSdx GUI and his OP talks about CRC hack levels. Please if you don't know what we're talking about don't pollute the thread.

I not polluting anything cause i trying to fiqure out what he means, he says GSDX hack, then he says CRC hack which there are 2 of in the GSDX hw hack config

Then he mentions auto skip depth which is not crc according to info there, and then he mentions several other options in there and is alot other options which is WHY i asking what is ment by this. or can you really not see how what was said is confusing.

Which is again WHY i ask are we still gona be able to manual pick what hacks are enabled in the GSDX HW hack config... you might see polluting I see it ask what is really ment by that confusing post.