crc management for gsdx gui
I want to propose a simplification of the crc hack management.

The idea is to create a drop down list
Level 0 -> no crc, auto skip depth texture disabled, no hw hack (oi/oo/cu)
Level 1 -> hw hack (oi/oo/cu)
Level 2 -> crc enabled partially and auto skip depth texture enabled
Here the idea is to disable the crc that were fixed in opengl
Level 3 -> all crc
Level 4 -> all crc + agressive

The goal is to fix crc hack as much as possible. Once a crc hack is fixed it will move from level 1 to level2. Same story if I manage to fix the handling of depth texture.

Default will be level 2

This way it merge 3 chceck box into a single element. I think it can be moved in the hw panel to separate it from the user hack option.
Currently it is a nightmare, you need to enable user hack to disable hack...

Sponsored links

Yeah, I also don't like the part on why we are classifying a option to disable hacks as an hack. I could change the option to not obey userhacks's value if you prefer. Rather than that, I think level concept for CRC hacks might leave various newbies confused.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I think levels are far easier to understand for newbies that various check boxes.

The trick is to name the level correctly.
So, how are we going to mark each CRC hacks for a specific level ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
With a bit of code, maybe during the init of the function pointer. This way we could even check the renderer
Sounds good to me on the other hand, this would require all the games which have CRC hack to be tested by disabling the CRC hacks to determine their level.
- Refraction
Ultimately we need to have a gs testcase of all crc hack. For the moment all hack will be level1 but the 4 hacks that I have fixed for opengl
(05-30-2015, 08:08 PM)gregory Wrote: The goal is to fix crc hack as much as possible. Once a crc hack is fixed it will move from level 1 to level2.

I have a doubt, why don't we just remove the certain CRC hack if it is fixed instead of moving it up a level ?
- Refraction
Because someone need to fix DX and it can still help for the speed. Of course if the hack is completely useless it will be removed
I'm fine with the new CRC management system. when do we get this started ?
- Refraction