custom frameskip
is the custom frameskipping working in pcsx 0.9.6 ?

i only get 35-38fps when playing Tekken 5 , when set to frame skipping to none / normal

i tried

Custom FPS Limit = 60
Skip Frame when Slower than = 50 (also tried 9999 to forceframeskip)
Consecutive Frame before skipping = 1
Consecutive Frame to Skip = 4

FPS seems the same to me... value to low ?

Sponsored links

Some games have no effect with Frame Skipping on. I think Tekken 5 is one of these games that they have an internal frame skipper (yes,some PS2 games were skipping frames even on the original ps2 console) so the frame skipper of PCSX2 practically does nothing.
You can try the x2 hack or the INTC hack which give a good boost on this game,although it's one of the most demanding games with PCSX2. I'm barely getting full speed with an E8400 at 3,7 Ghz
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-09-2009, 11:11 PM)Bositman Wrote: Some games have no effect with Frame Skipping on. I think Tekken 5 is one of these games that they have an internal frame skipper (yes,some PS2 games were skipping frames even on the original ps2 console) so the frame skipper of PCSX2 practically does nothing.
You can try the x2 hack or the INTC hack which give a good boost on this game,although it's one of the most demanding games with PCSX2. I'm barely getting full speed with an E8400 at 3,7 Ghz

try ZeroGS, i was getting 50-60 FPS stable on 3.3 GHZ
Yeah but gsdx looks quite better Wink
[Image: newsig.jpg]