dark cloud 2 recommended config
Anything I can do to make this game run faster, I have a Dell Inspiron 1525, and even doing some stuff that is reccommended here on the forums, like using the beta, Most stuff is laggy, especially walking around and ctuscenes. Sometimes I talk to characters who are not even there(ike the kid who steals your ticket at the start, the ticket disappeared, but you saw no kid, and sometimes I run in place in the scenes, only to warp somewhere and keep running till scene is over), and though menus work flawlessly, my items all look buggy. As in if there is an item at the front of the inv, it looks fine. However all subsequent items share half the texture of said item, and the other half their original.

Anything I coud do the get at least 50 FPS all around, and mabye fix these problems? Max amount I get while not in menus is around 35, to a max of 41.

Sponsored links

What's your specs? other than using "native" on Gsdx enabling speedhacks specially "vu cycle stealing" to the max and "x2 cycle rate" there's not much that you can do really, some games wilkl just run slow unless you get a more powerful machine and even then they can still be too slow.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Oh ok, thanks. I dont know my specs, so thats just why I pposted the name of my computer. The game is runnable, and untill I can get my PS2 fixed, this will do, I appreciate the help.
I running Dark cloud 2 at fullspeed without frameskipping with next settings:
Pcsx2-r1888 ( CPU -EE,VU,MTGS are on; speedhacks - x2, INTC, IOPx2 cycle rate, VU stealing - large)
Gsdx 1322 SSE 41 ( DX9 hardware, D3D res 800*700, texture filtering,Logarifmic z, FBA are on)
SPU2-X 1.2.0
Advanced by default

As for me, ingame fps limited by my video card thats why i can`t go higher, than 800*700. I bet on your GPU you can get more nice picture and speed.
DX10 made game slower.
Phenom 1055T x6 3.5GHz ; nVidia GTS 250; 6Gb RAM; Windows 7 x64
For me DX10 gives it extra 5-7fps but then again i'm not using all the speedhacks for it.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
well with fiddling around, i get about a constant 26-34 FPS, in menus I get full speed. Strangely enough, when I run it in the beta it runs a little better pictured and smoother, however unlike in the normal o.9.6, when I invent something the emu crashes. Any idea why this happens in the beta and not the normal?

EDIT: Also, is there a way to make my items looks normal in 0.9.6? Its nice in the beta that they look perfect, but can they looks proper in the normal one too?