dbz bt3 runs slower than it should
you can see my pc specs in my sig. i recently installed pcsx2 1.2.1 and using default settings. only difference is that i have enabled mtvu hack, using 3X native res. i am using direct3D11(hardware). i am trying to play dbz bt3 from a .iso file.it is a ntsc game which my uncle brought to me from usa.
when the battles take place i dont get speed above 40-50fps. then i changed the renderer to direct3D9 and it went to 60fps. but i know my gpu and os supports directx11. then what is the problem? i have also updated the gpu driver to the latest version(335.23). but why the game is running slow?
even with direct3D9 if i enable fx shader and fxaa the fps drops. Sad
recently i changed my hdd. it was wd green previously. then i played dbz bt3 with no problem at all( with direct3D11, fxaa, fx shader and 3X native res.) then i changed the hdd to wd blue and now this problem happens. Sad what is the reason?
[Image: lhljdGn.png]
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

Sponsored links

Answer is simple ! Due to 3x native and enabling ffxa ! Try with 2x or native and see diffrence!

Ohh, just see your rig ! Try game without speedhacks (if you used it currently ) or if not try with vu cyclerate to 2!
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
i know that Biggrin but the problem is when i was playing the game last time on my old hdd then i could play the game at full speed with 3Xnative, fxaa and fx shader checked. after i installed the new hdd then i installed everything from scratch and now it runs slow. Sad since i managed to do it previously i know my rig is up to the task but strangely it is not doing it this time.
and why direct3D11 is working slower than direct3D9 even at same settings?

i tried without speedhacks and that decreased speed around 5-10fps.
i will try the vu cycle stealing but as far as i can remember last time the only non default speedhack i used is the mtvu hack.
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

Some hdd have lower data transfer speed ! Its possible that your old hdd have higher transfer rate then your new one ! That possibly affect your game speed ! Also you mention that you use's the latest stable of pcsx2! Did you try with your old version of pcsx2 which you previously used for playing the game? Also, dx11 need higher proccessing power(im not sure im maybe wrong) so, thats why dx11 (in some case ) slower than dx9!
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
Try clear all setting and reconfigure again.
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y
my previous hdd was wd green(wd10ezrx) and new one is wd blue(wd10ezex). so transfer speed is not a factor.
i tried with pcsx2 1.1.0 which gave me full speed on direct3D11 earlier. same results. 40-45fps. direct3D9 made it to 60fps. but i cant understand why i had 60fps on direct3D11 earlier.
@billyash i did it and had same result.
ee% load remains around 15-25% and gs% load is doesnt go more than 60%
i used coretemp and highest cpu temp was 64°C.
i tried gpu-z and highest gpu temp was 70°C
My Steam Profile

(03-26-2014, 04:35 PM)Brock lessner Wrote: Some hdd have lower data transfer speed ! Its possible that your old hdd have higher transfer rate then your new one ! That possibly affect your game speed ! Also you mention that you use's the latest stable of pcsx2! Did you try with your old version of pcsx2 which you previously used for playing the game? Also, dx11 need higher proccessing power(im not sure im maybe wrong) so, thats why dx11 (in some case ) slower than dx9!

Hard drive speed wont affect FPS. Hard drive isn't used in emulation but only as a storage device for the game.
System Specs
CPU:AMD FX 8350 3.5ghz turbo to 4ghz
GPU: Sapphire HD 7750 GDDR5
MOBO:Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Rev 5.0
RAM: 8GB
(03-26-2014, 02:00 PM)Shouvanik Wrote: you can see my pc specs in my sig. i recently installed pcsx2 1.2.1 and using default settings. only difference is that i have enabled mtvu hack, using 3X native res. i am using direct3D11(hardware). i am trying to play dbz bt3 from a .iso file.it is a ntsc game which my uncle brought to me from usa.
when the battles take place i dont get speed above 40-50fps. then i changed the renderer to direct3D9 and it went to 60fps. but i know my gpu and os supports directx11. then what is the problem? i have also updated the gpu driver to the latest version(335.23). but why the game is running slow?
even with direct3D9 if i enable fx shader and fxaa the fps drops. Sad
recently i changed my hdd. it was wd green previously. then i played dbz bt3 with no problem at all( with direct3D11, fxaa, fx shader and 3X native res.) then i changed the hdd to wd blue and now this problem happens. Sad what is the reason?

Sometimes d3d works better than d3d11. it is pretty pointless to complain about d3d11 when d3d9 works better and at 60fps rather than 40-50.

Enabling the fxaa puts more strain on your hardware so that can cause a drop in fps.
System Specs
I know all that. my point is actually that i got 60fps with this same hardware and settings but cant be able to do it now after the change of hdd and reinstalling everything.
My Steam Profile

(03-26-2014, 05:58 PM)Shouvanik Wrote: I know all that. my point is actually that i got 60fps with this same hardware and settings but cant be able to do it now after the change of hdd and reinstalling everything.

Probably something else could have changed such as the version of pcsx2, the settings but i do know that the HDD wont affect FPS.
System Specs