[deleted]
[deleted]

Sponsored links

Welcome! and first off

(09-15-2011, 11:22 AM)Alexander Moore Wrote: As you might be able to tell, my computer can play Crysis 2 on Ultra settings with DirectX 11 and the high-resolution textures installed and run smoothly without even getting hot, so any problem with a PS2 Emulator would have to be a bad setting or software issue.

this is a VERY nieve think to say, comparing PC gaming to PS2 emulation is a whole new kettle of fish. Although your PC is a monster, some games will still run slow, this is just the nature of the emulation and high requirements.

Your settings looks absolutely fine, im not sure what else youd like to achieve? KH2 is pretty undemanding and should run like lightning on your pc, what exactly is the issue?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

[deleted]
FFX generally works fine. there are some issues with people standing the wrong way around, but that's solved by setting the "Clamping" under the EE/VU emulation settings to full.

As for the 8-bit textures, you don't really need that, some games are quicker with that option on (due to how directx works) where others it has no effect or complete opposite effect.

[deleted]
indeed it does Smile
as you have a quad core, id suggest checking out the buildbot beta, there is a "speedhack" in there called "MTVU" which will put the VU emuation on to the 3rd core of your cpu, this will bring extra speed if you end up running a demanding game Smile

I'm interested in your load temps with that CPU. How long can it go at 4ghz before being throttled to stock speed?
[deleted]
(09-15-2011, 11:35 AM)refraction Wrote: FFX generally works fine. there are some issues with people standing the wrong way around, but that's solved by setting the "Clamping" under the EE/VU emulation settings to full.

As for the 8-bit textures, you don't really need that, some games are quicker with that option on (due to how directx works) where others it has no effect or complete opposite effect.

yeh, 8bit textures turns mihen highroad into a slideshow.
(09-15-2011, 11:35 AM)refraction Wrote: FFX generally works fine. there are some issues with people standing the wrong way around, but that's solved by setting the "Clamping" under the EE/VU emulation settings to full.

For me, setting the EE rounding mode to negative fixed that problem.

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64