[deleted]
yea, but that's PAL and a special release, not every release (as is the case with pcsx2)

Sponsored links

(09-16-2011, 01:02 PM)Saiki Wrote: in my 20+ playthroughs of FFX it never ONCE crashed on me. so I would love to see solid evidence that it does.

Dude are you serious? So if you don't get some problem it proves that it doesn't exist? Get real.

Quote:2: is it included in the statics? if so they're false then. (and that's just 1 game I have tat I've noticed)
Have you got any idea how statistics work? Even if 100 games were wrong, the percentages hardly change on a 2,000 games pool. Plus there are games listed lower than they should be (as you proved in your previous post yourself) so even that small error margin evens out.

Quote:3: thank you for making my point for me
Love the fact that you 'forgot' to quote the last part, which makes your point moot, so let me requote it for you in case you 'missed' it.

Quote:Yes that would still be accurate emulation, although the software would not be mature to be marked as v1. Since that's extremely not the case with PCSX2, I see the point as moot
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-16-2011, 01:06 PM)Bositman Wrote: Dude are you serious? So if you don't get some problem it proves that it doesn't exist? Get real.
When did I say that? I said the on a PS2 my FFX has never once glitched. if I had a PS2/PS3 capable of playing import games I would in a HEARTBEAT test games I imported JUSt for PCSX2

(09-16-2011, 01:06 PM)Bositman Wrote: Have you got any idea how statistics work? Even if 100 games were wrong, the percentages hardly change on a 2,000 games pool. Plus there are games listed lower than they should be (as you proved in your previous post yourself) so even that small error margin evens out.
.05% I'm quite aware, but the statement was over 1,000 games work, not 71% of the games work. if 100 of them are wrong then 900 games work, NOT 1,000.

(09-16-2011, 01:06 PM)Bositman Wrote: Love the fact that you 'forgot' to quote the last part, which makes your point moot, so let me requote it for you in case you 'missed' it.
and you're just as guilty of "forgetting" to quote something so I'll quote it myself for you.
Quote:1: I dare you to prove that EVERY version of FFX can and does crash on a REAL PS2
I'll even expand that to the ***** job of emulation they did on the PS3 (aka the 60/80, not 20/40)
I never said every version of FFX crashes on a real ps2, I said there are crashes, thus it is not entirely a PCSX2 bug, thus your point that PCSX2 is 'incomplete' using that bug as an example starts to crumble there and there Wink It could even not be PCSX2's fault at all, since the bug that triggers on the PS2 could just be triggered slightly differently on PCSX2 making it worse but still a coding fault from the FFX coders, not PCSX2.
In the end FFX is a single game (with a single random crash spot) which you can get around easily, and you can easily see how many people have finished the game with PCSX2. Thus it's perfectly playable.

I said 1,000 games off the top of my head, ref's stats were much more precise and on the whole pool of 2295 games on our list, so again you're trying to manipulate info. It's 71% of 2295 and 100 games to that is close to nothing. Plus you totally ignored (again) the last part of my post that proves that there are games rated below what they should be, but oh well I give up. Stop beating around the bush and read the facts.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-16-2011, 01:25 PM)Bositman Wrote: I never said every version of FFX crashes on a real ps2, I said there are crashes, thus it is not entirely a PCSX2 bug, thus your point that PCSX2 is 'incomplete' using that bug as an example starts to crumble there and there Wink

I said 1,000 games off the top of my head, ref's stats were much more precise and on the whole pool of 2295 games on our list, so again you're trying to manipulate info. It's 71% of 2295 and 100 games to that is close to nothing. Plus you totally ignored (again) the last part of my post that proves that there are games rated below what they should be, but oh well I give up. Stop beating around the bush and read the facts.

I said that as one example, I also said that, and you saw fit to attack that statement and make a very nasty assumption about me. again, read more that I say. I miss ALOT of bugs alot of people say are there, and I hit bugs people say don't exist. it's a natural cycle, I know this.

but you said it, and I went off what you said. point is, the statics COULD very well be off (read: I am not saying they are), but I don't have the resources to check that.
statistics are generally more accurate over larger numbers than smaller samples, while they may not be spot on, they will be a pretty good estimate. Of course a lot of the statistics are down to tester disgression, so a bit of missing text may not cause the game to be unplayable, while it may not be accurate emulation.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(09-16-2011, 01:42 PM)refraction Wrote: statistics are generally more accurate over larger numbers than smaller samples, while they may not be spot on, they will be a pretty good estimate. Of course a lot of the statistics are down to tester disgression, so a bit of missing text may not cause the game to be unplayable, while it may not be accurate emulation.
I agree completely. " a little" wouldn't be so bothersome, ALL of it however...
(09-16-2011, 11:14 AM)Bositman Wrote: Actually 0.9.8 is a stable release, not beta. 0.9.9 will be beta only, then 1.0 (or 0.9.10 not sure how it will go Tongue ) will be stable again etc etc

It still feels like some sort of open beta to me. Tongue But I understand what you mean by not mixing it up with a "release".