[deleted]
Huh? Read my post, I said 1.0 or 0.9.10 and I'm not sure how it will go. Plus speed is really not a factor in an emulator's completion, it has nothing to do with how precisely an emulator emulates the system. Also v1 in no way does it mean final, but it does mean that the application has matured and is at a very good working state which is certainly the case with PCSX2 with more than 1,000 games being fully playable.
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

(09-16-2011, 11:57 AM)Bositman Wrote: Huh? Read my post, I said 1.0 or 0.9.10 and I'm not sure how it will go. Plus speed is really not a factor in an emulator's completion, it has nothing to do with how precisely an emulator emulates the system. Also v1 in no way does it mean final, but it does mean that the application has matured and is at a very good working state which is certainly the case with PCSX2 with more than 1,000 games being fully playable.

indeed, 89% of our compatability list goes ingame now, of which 80% of those are playable (71% of total games). To be honest, taking in to account the complexity of the system, those aren't bad figures and pretty worthy of a v1.0 tag. However it would be nice to have over 90% ingame first, so close Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

you said that earlier, not overly-recent. And out of the 20 or so games I have I've had to patch 2/3 of them to make them work. I never said speed was a factor of emulation progress, but it comes naturally when things get improved and fixed. (if you read half my posts about low-end PCs you would know that I CLEARLY have seen MAJOR speed improvements.)

(09-16-2011, 12:01 PM)refraction Wrote: indeed, 89% of our compatability list goes ingame now, of which 80% of those are playable (71% of total games). To be honest, taking in to account the complexity of the system, those aren't bad figures and pretty worthy of a v1.0 tag. However it would be nice to have over 90% ingame first, so close Tongue
personally I would like to be able to progress in games without having to read spoilers sometimes because the game isn't working correctly. The text on a few games, such as Gallacians - Ash doesn't show up at all. while it may be payable, it's not PS2-standard playable. when that figure (71% or so) becomes ps2-standard playable then I believe it's ready for a 1.0 tag. do you not agree with this logic?
So uh because your extremely small game collection isn't working ok it means the emulator is not at a good state? Tongue Read refraction's statistics which are for over 2,000 games, in your limited testing you are not getting representative results. If bugs like that one you mentioned are true, the game is marked (or should be, remember testers don't have the time to test for hours all their games) as ingame.
Speed does not come naturally as things get improved and fixed, if anything you get slowdowns the more accurate emulation gets (that's a well known fact). You got speed ups because the coders optimized code / added new speed hacks etc which exceeded the slowdowns from the increased accuracy, thus a speed increase.
(09-16-2011, 12:18 PM)Bositman Wrote: If bugs like that one you mentioned are true, the game is marked (or should be, remember testers don't have the time to test for hours all their games) as ingame.
Speed does not come naturally as things get improved and fixed, if anything you get slowdowns the more accurate emulation gets (that's a well known fact). You got speed ups because the coders optimized code / added new speed hacks etc which exceeded the slowdowns from the increased accuracy, thus a speed increase.
1 marked intro, another marked playable. also...

FFX, thunder planes, nuff said.

Romance Of The 3 Kingdoms 8 is marked playable, has VIF (going on what I read from DEV comments) issues which make it impossible to play normally.

Galacians - ASH is marked intro, text does not appear but game plays ok so far. I have to dig up a walkthrough so I can play it

Speed has come quite naturally as emulation improved. are you saying if your 4.3 i5(I looked a sec ago, but been posting elsewhere so actual seed) for 1fps in all games you'd call that playable and "good" emulation? I know I sure wouldn't.
FFX thunder plains have freezes even on the real PS2, so yeah accurate emulation Wink
So uh you found a game marked as playable that it isn't so...?
Again, speed does NOT come naturally as emulation is improved, it's the exact opposite (you can ask any emulation dev, it's the same for all systems).
Yes that would still be accurate emulation, although the software would not be mature to be marked as v1. Since that's extremely not the case with PCSX2, I see the point as moot Wink
(09-16-2011, 12:32 PM)Bositman Wrote: 1: FFX thunder plains have freezes even on the real PS2, so yeah accurate emulation Wink
2: So uh you found a game marked as playable that it isn't so...?
3: Yes that would still be accurate emulation, although the software would not be mature to be marked as v1
1: I dare you to prove that
2: is it included in the statics? if so they're false then. (and that's just 1 game I have tat I've noticed)
3: thank you for making my point for me
Haha, FFX Thunder Plains, that was laggy for me on PS2 and total froze up once in a while, I think that was more of a fail on Square Enix's part. If the emulator freezes sometimes on it that's just foreseeable.

I have to kind of side with Refraction, which is when the emulator reaches the capability of playing 90% of all PS2 games it will probably be fair to dub it as v1.0, and it doesn't seem that you're all too far off, maybe you can start off the year of the apocalypse with PCSX2 v1.0 Tongue
in my 20+ playthroughs of FFX it never ONCE crashed on me. so I would love to see solid evidence that it does.
(09-16-2011, 12:34 PM)Saiki Wrote: 1: I dare you to prove that

well here is one person who claims it happens to them http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Bug-Repor...#pid120108
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]