dev9giga and mega9 not working
Hi there. I've been using PCSX2 for quite a while now, and it works great! I've followed all of the configuration guides and got it running very smoothly sound and video wise. Every now and then if there's a lot going on, on the screen in the game it will have a hiccup or slow up a bit until it clears up on the screen like characters wise I guess. But other than that it works great! I'm sure I could tweak a bit more, but I actually got my hands on an original Phat PS2 and soft modded it to play burned back up games. so I rarely use PCSX2 as much. How ever, I will be using it again in the future, and possibly, hopefully soon if what I'm waiting for goes through. Now, basically here is my issue... Whenever I choose the dev9giga or mega9 plug in it crashes... Dev9giga doesn't even show up in the selection anymore, and it's in my plugins list. and mega 9 lets me hit configure and just lets me pick the HDD GB size... then when I boot it up. PCSX2 craches... I'm clueless as to why. and why dev9giga doesn't show up... Does ANYONE know what this could be, I've gotten quite PCSX2 savvy, and nothing I'm doing works, and I didn't see anything on the help topics, or freq asked questions lists... I honestly don't know.

PS: Also, I apologize, I posted this on another sub forum as well by accident, not realizing i should have just posted it here.

Sponsored links

Megadev9 won't work.
dev9giga is for onmine play only and isn't stable, still in alpha stages of dev.

follow this to try to make it work : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-To-Play-Online-Guide
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Well, that guide isn't very helpful... One, when I try to patch the dnas in a game after I click verify I get an error, and I'm ripping my own games, and the correct way with img burn. two, dev9giga isn't even showing up on my list of plugins anymore. Three, it just crashes PCSX2... I've tried multiple version as well since I've read it only works on versions up to 1.0 and no dice........ I've been through everything multiple times. now does anyone else have any answers who have been through this?
Go methodically about this. The first thing is megadev9 causing a crash on bootup. We know about that (it's a silly bug) but it's not necessary for you anyway.
You want to make DEV9ghzdrk work, which involves installing WinPcap, which is the first point in the guide you should have read Smile
Yeah see I've already done that, apparently no one here read my initial first post in this thread... I actually unlike most READ all the configs and followed them.
(04-15-2014, 04:11 PM)DivineMalzar Wrote: apparently no one here read my initial first post in this thread
jesalvein Wrote:dev9giga is for online play only and isn't stable, still in alpha stages of dev.
which means it probably won't work whatever you do.

Apparently, someone here didn't read my initial answer in this thread... Laugh
(04-15-2014, 04:14 PM)jesalvein Wrote: which means it probably won't work whatever you do.

Apparently, someone here didn't read my initial answer in this thread... Laugh

no i did, i chose not to reply because you didn't bother reading the fact that i read all the config guides. and it not working for me makes no sense when i know people it has worked for. for instance why isnt it even showing up now. geez people actually read my post.
To make this discussion more productive, instead of writing "I've read all the guides" and leave people wondering which guides you read and what steps you actually took, it would be more useful to give an exact description of the steps you took, which software did you install, what happens when you try things, post an emulation log, etc, and even better, describe the steps from a completely clean config so it's easier for other to follow and maybe reproduce your issue.

Hopefully it will help others to help you better.
(04-15-2014, 04:24 PM)avih Wrote: To make this discussion more productive, instead of writing "I've read all the guides" and leave people wondering which guides you read and what steps you actually took, it would be more useful to give an exact description of the steps you took, what happens when you try things, post an emulation log, etc. Hopefully it will help others to help you better.

sounds like a plan i'll get to work on that.
(04-15-2014, 04:18 PM)DivineMalzar Wrote: and it not working for me makes no sense when i know people it has worked for. for instance why isnt it even showing up now.
oh sorry.
I guess you don't know what "alpha stages" means.

read and learn :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_re...ycle#Alpha