digital devil saga performance
(10-25-2010, 05:40 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Try changing the clamps to 'none', set the VUs to superVU, try a higher setting of VU cycle stealing (but make sure it actually makes the game faster) and... that's about it... this will lower the compatibility for most games but should be fine with this one and you're right you have a slow CPU so there's not much more you can do.

this boosted my fps... from ~25 to around 40~50, but VU cycle stealing in a higher setting makes the game flicker in some parts, but if i put it back to 1 i still get around 10 fps more than normal...there's no way to cover the flickering part, is there? or get those fps that come from a higher VU cycle stealing setting from another place or option?

Sponsored links

Hi guys. I have a minor problem with DDS.
I'm running the game on the newest build of the emulator, with the newest plugins and the game runs fine, but with 2 flaws.

The first one is a problem with the sound. The sound doesn't play correct. It's like the characters are drowsy or something. Plus it sometimes cuts in some places (i can't find a correct word to describe it).

The second is the speed. It's not bad. I have about 40-50 frames (i have just started the game for a test), but is there a way to get full 60?

My laptop specs are:

i5-450M 2.4-2.67GHz
4 Gigs of RAM
Radeon 5730

It's not the best, but it certainly does it's job.
The sound is "drowsy" as a result of your framerate being low, which in turn is due to the speed of your processor. Overclocking or using some speedhacks will probably help.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Must have been something with the audio plugin, because when i changed it, the sound was much better (less choppy). And in the intro before the game was in 60 fps, but before changing the plugin the voices were still drowsy Smile

tried to do something with those speedhacks, but even if they gave me some speed, they also caused garbage with flickering. Well, i'm gonna try doing a little oc and see if that helps.
If you have timestretching enabled the sound shouldnt be choppy. if it's crackling or something, you could increase the latancy in the spu2x settings, that will probably solve it.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

thanks for your help. Now the sound plays great (no problems with stuttering, people being drowsy etc.), and with some tweaks with the speed hacks the game plays on a constant level of 60 frames. Just fantastic!