direct x problems!!!
Thumbs Down 
hi folks . im setting up pcsx2 0.9.6 and i keep getting the message to update my direct x ! i updated to direct x 10 from 9.0 c as i am running a geforce 9600 gt and im still getting the same message any ideas ??? my operating system is xp sp3 and my cpu is a pentium dual core 3.2 ghz with 2 gig of ram. sorry as i am new to this emulater . thanks

Sponsored links

You need to update to the march 2009 directx, try searching next time... this has been answered countless times :P

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?prd=1123...lcid=0x409
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
thanks shadow lady. ive updated to the the update you said and i still get the same message !? it also says the gs plugin failed to open ? which plugin does that refer to, and which one do you recommend for my system ? thanks
Try with this

I've encounter several times before problems with the web installer(it doesn't really install anything new or anything at all)
Thumbs Down 
(08-27-2009, 11:06 AM)vsub Wrote: Try with this

I've encounter several times before problems with the web installer(it doesn't really install anything new or anything at all)

hi vsub that is what i used mate and extracted it into the windows /sys 32 /direct x folder . i ran dxdiag and it says im running direct x 10 is that a problem my card supports it ?> or is it xp do i need to use vista ? thanks
What Shadow Lady give you was the web installer(small app that start downloading the installation of directx).I'm giving you the whole installation package of DirectX 9c March 2009(there is no special DX 9 and DX 10 versions that can be downloaded separately,everything(DX9/10) is in one package(the one I'm giving you).

Ones you download the package just to be sure,right click on it and choose Extract Here or Extract to(if you use Winrar).Ones everything is extracted,double click on DXSETUP.exe to start the installation.If it still not working after that then maybe you mest up something with that DX10 for XP and you'll need the DX uninstaller to remove the DX and then install it again.

What you need to do is to install the DirectX,not extract it to the DX folder in windows/system32
Ugh no you are not supposed to extract it there. Extract it in a folder of your choice like c:/directx and run the DXsetup.exe (or however it's called,only one exe in there)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Wink 
(08-27-2009, 11:46 AM)Bositman Wrote: Ugh no you are not supposed to extract it there. Extract it in a folder of your choice like c:/directx and run the DXsetup.exe (or whoever it's called,only one exe in there)

thanks folks got it sorted now . much appreciated !!!!!