directx 9 - directx 11 - windows 7!
Hello...i have a acer laptop modle aspire 5732zg, pentuim® dual-core CPU T4400 @2.20GHz 2.20GHz, RAM 3.00GB, Windows 7 64bit

my adapter type is ATI mobility radeon HD 4570, Video memory 512.

I instaled PCSX2 and did everything in the confg walkthrough, but somehow when ever i try to lunch pcsx2 it give me an error: cannot find d3dx9_42.dll, and ask me if i wana update to the latest version. but as most of you know i cant downgrade in directX i can only upgrade..and i have directx 11..so what should i do.

i really wana play final fantasy X:'(

Sponsored links

Do the update anyway, it should fix the problem immediately.

DirectX is updated quite frequently; so even if you have some form of DirectX installed it's most likely not the most up-to-date version.

Moral of the story: just do the update.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
will i do try to update it but it give's me some kind of error..i dont really remeber but it ask me to go see dxerror.log and somthing else that i dont remember..so if you know anything that i can do..or if there is any plugin that works with directX 11?

am thinking of reinstaling windows 7 without the directx and than download the directx 9 from the site should i do that or is there a way to uninstal directX?...and i did look up for this error at microsoft fourms but they havent fixed it yet..please help me out people!Smile
Try using the installer from the Microsoft website, it will look for the latest version of Directx and download it.

DirectX link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.6Ghz
6GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 275 GTX Co-Op
HDD 2x750GB Raid 0
Mobo - Asus P6T
OCZ Game XStream 700W
Window 7 Ultimate
DirectX 9/10/11 coexist on Windows 7 machines, there's no need to reformat and reinstall the whole thing.

The error it gives would probably be useful in figuring out what went wrong Tongue
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
Windows 7 comes with DX9/10/11 files, but they are the basic files and they all get updates every few months, last update was February 2010 so you're basically missing just those updates.

Try installing the runtime:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Thank you everything is fine now..1st i wasnt able to upgrade my directx but some how finaly it did upgrade thank you allSmile
(05-01-2010, 04:05 PM)bushiido Wrote: Hello...i have a acer laptop modle aspire 5732zg, pentuim® dual-core CPU T4400 @2.20GHz 2.20GHz, RAM 3.00GB, Windows 7 64bit

my adapter type is ATI mobility radeon HD 4570, Video memory 512.

I instaled PCSX2 and did everything in the confg walkthrough, but somehow when ever i try to lunch pcsx2 it give me an error: cannot find d3dx9_42.dll, and ask me if i wana update to the latest version. but as most of you know i cant downgrade in directX i can only upgrade..and i have directx 11..so what should i do.

i really wana play final fantasy X:'(

Hi bushido,

Here is the d3dx9_42.dll :http://www.d3dx9.net/download-missing-d3dx9_42-dll/…download it and then extract the downloaded zip file to the system32 folder which is located in windows folder (that is located in your main drive which contains the installed windows)
congrats...

you just revived a 1 year old thread to give a solution the user already has.
thanks for your contribution, but next time, try to be useful, please.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
wheres the lock?