disable auto-load?
I'm trying to use codebreaker, but when I select the game to use, it automatically loads the game and prevents me from actually loading the cheat codes. How do I make it not do that?

Sponsored links

Instead of using Codebreaker and the like it's best to use PCSX2s inbuilt cheating function. There are some tutorials around the forums about that, you can search for them. If you have any questions about converting them and such you can just ask that.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I read a couple of them and I don't understand them well. The codebreaker just seems more straightforward.
Except it doesn't work well with PCSX2 as you've observed.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
What do you not understand? Where are you stuck?
Honestly I don't think its the codebreaker. If I switch *any* iso it autoboots it.

As far as making the in-program cheats, I don't even know where to begin.
Quick guide for pnachs:
1. Get a cheat
2. Get it into the correct format (use example cheat from the cheats folder)
2a. If you use codebreaker cheats you need to decrypt the cheats using a program like omniconvert
3. Name your pnach <crc>.pnach where <crc> is the crc of your game (is written in the log/console). Be careful about the file extension. Windows by default hides known extension.
3a. Put your cheat file into the cheat folder
4. Enable cheats in pcsx2
5. Run the game.

About codebreaker. What would you expect instead of booting if you switch the disk? I never used codebreaker so that this question might be dumb.
Thanks for the tips on pnaches, I'll give that a try.

On some youtube tutorials on codebreaker + pcsx2, it brings up a popup when you switch iso asking if you want to swap disks, allowing you to hit X in codebreaker to load the game using the cheats. Mine just boots right to the game and doesn't bring the popup.
Did you try hotswap?

(What did the guy in the video do? If it works - it works. You just have to follow his guide..)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO560yrw5Yo
This is the one I saw. I'm doing (AFAIK) exactly as he is doing.