dmc3 se Extreme Graphical Error
Hi, I want to play DMC3 SE after playing the original DMC3, yet i have this problems occuring. starting @ mission 1, after the cutscenes, the Dante im playing with will have no legs.. as in NO LEGS.... i cant understand this, Also the Black Coated grim Reapers, the first enemies of dante arent wearing any black coat anymore. and another thing is when i play as vergil, same thing happens to the enemies, they arent wearing any coat. while vergils graphics is really bad. does anyone have an idea about this? i played DMC3 before and it was not like this. please help. ill post the game snapshots on my next post.

also, i tried playing the game on my laptop and the problem isnt there and is working fine, though its very slow, and my laptop starts to heat up so quickly. so i dont think that the game is the problem or the dvd to be exact.

i am using the default setting, no speedhacks. and the resolution is normally at native. i also tried customizing the resolution ang same problems occur. do i need to install something on my pc for this? i own dmc3 se and i hate buying a new 1 if its the game thats the problem. also, the games speed if fine, its around 59 or 60 fps. so i think its the hardware of my computer or im missing any installment, like direct x or anything.
Finished Game: GOW 1, DMC3, SOTC, KH1, ONE PIECE GRAND ADVENTURE, ONIMUSHA 1, FFX, ONIMUSHA 3, GOW 2
Currently Playing: ICO, KH-RE:COM, FFX2, TENCHU WOH, CASTLEVANIA LOI (any good suggestions?)

(Using PCSX2 0.9.8) Laugh

Sponsored links

Sounds like a Alpha Hack thats screwing things up, flick it on / off in GSDX and see if it helps.

Alternatively you might have some very aggressive SkipDraw Hack activated in GSDX... try to set SkipDraw to a lower number, or deactivate it completely.
Download this PCSX2 : PCSX2 SVN

Then add the line in your GSDX.ini (In Inis Folder)

GSDX.ini Wrote:allowhacks=1

Then while configuring your PCSX2 tick the Offset Hack and try with it. TRy altering between the available hacks. Enable/Disable Alpha Hack. If not then use GSDX Software mode. Smile
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
i remember when i played DMC3 both normal version and SE with no such problem the only problem i had was the blur which is solved with latest SVN

but naked enemies !!!

it is very weird
Check your graphics card control panel and make sure AA is disabled
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(11-12-2011, 03:31 AM)Coldbird Wrote: Sounds like a Alpha Hack thats screwing things up, flick it on / off in GSDX and see if it helps.

Alternatively you might have some very aggressive SkipDraw Hack activated in GSDX... try to set SkipDraw to a lower number, or deactivate it completely.

i already tried the alpha hack (ALPHA CORRECTION (FBA)) and nothing happens, the error is still there. and about this SKIPDRAW, i dont know how to modify this, can you give me instructions on this?

@ recoder: i try this 1 as well, thanks, ill post feedback after i tried this.

@ bositman: how do i disable this AA on my graphics card. i think the problem is also the graphic card of my pc?
Finished Game: GOW 1, DMC3, SOTC, KH1, ONE PIECE GRAND ADVENTURE, ONIMUSHA 1, FFX, ONIMUSHA 3, GOW 2
Currently Playing: ICO, KH-RE:COM, FFX2, TENCHU WOH, CASTLEVANIA LOI (any good suggestions?)

In the Graphics Control Panel( For Nvidia : Nvidia Control Panel and for ATI : Catalyst Control Center and for Intel the GRaphics Controller. Tongue2)
nothing happens, still the same, i turned AA off and nothing happens except that the output graphic is jagged. so i turned it back on. oh i hate it, i want to play as vergil this time, maybe ill just play this back on the normal dmc3 as dante with a very hard difficulty for a change. i guess the problem is the game itself. coz normal dmc (not the special edition) plays fine.

another question, im trying to play dmc 1, and i hate it coz it does not start. after i run it. its just black screen and nothing more. any idea about this?

why don't you just play the pc version ?
I don't think he will want to buy a PC version again. Then Play it on Ps2. Tongue2