dont know if correct space derp
sugestion on rules etc

there should be a rule to close a topic and warn someone if he/she doesnt specify specs of the pc/laptop and what revision/settings he uses, this way people can help faster instead of asking the same over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

if people regester here they need to get informed by this rule and it saves alot of hassle on questions about problems, same on the no download/piracy policy, put it on like 22 font size bold red before they accept the site rules so that priates go away. (not that it helps tho..)

but yeah it is kinda selfish request but it would be easier for everyone who wants to help others.

Sponsored links

They could have a warning in specific parts of the forums, when making a thread a box could popup at the top of the message box asking to post the extra informations. It doesn't sound selfish, it's a good idea.
IMHO:
  • PCSX2 version: required
  • Settings: Too many to be listed. I think only non-default settings are needed.
  • Specs: required in framerate related problem only.
(05-29-2012, 09:50 PM)Livy Wrote: IMHO:
  • Settings: Too many to be listed. I think only non-default settings are needed.

Yes, that would be perfect.
(05-29-2012, 09:50 PM)Livy Wrote: IMHO:

well settings can be screenshotted now so you dont have t ype everything just make screenies.

specs: but if someone is having bad graphics because they play with an intelcard, specs could be quite handy to post anyway just to be on the safe side.
Im sorry but there are other forums that give warnings for not giving enough information and closing threads.

Apart from being far to messy for the forum (as each idiot who does it will end up having 2 threads) its an extremely harsh punishment for the crime.

Quite a few people provide enough details, but its quite easy to ask for what we want. i know us mods/admins have a special "tool" to ask in 1 click Laugh
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

but that is for mods and.. well... most of us arent mods Tongue

still.. would be nice maybe not as far as going to give warnings/close threads but if i know a good method of implementing this into the site il post it here Tongue (same goes for others who have a good idea!)
Sorry, i wish we could put the "tool" out for normal users, but mybb insists on it being a moderator only tool. I dont know of any way to get it to work for normal users, youll just have to type a bit more Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Imagine all the warning spam you would have to deal with, and the warning harassment from common users. We commoners have the report function, and I think that's enough.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
I could look into a pop-up plugin for the forum when a user creates a new thread to prompt them to post that info
[Image: newsig.jpg]