.dot hack / Infection missing geometry.
Well i have to say after testing it looks nice with MSAA and can easily do it. I have been getting wiert floor glitches though. Not dropout but a broken black flickering line under some people. Possibly a shadow glitch.

Sponsored links

(08-04-2009, 07:57 AM)Bositman Wrote: If you grab the latest SVN revision and compile PCSX2 yourself,there have been some really good improvements on the microVU clamping,so now setting clamp to normal in r1601 should eliminate all these problems you describe.

I'm using the public beta, and the game doesn't work there. How would I compile PCSX2 on Windows? What compiler? (does it matter?) I have VC++ and gcc. Any dependencies?

EDIT: Nevermind, found this thread

EDIT 2: Nevermind even more. It was my config to blame for it not working. This is easily the fastest game I've played on pcsx2.
Yes, there is a shadow glitch it appears. Though it's much less annoying than the ground disappearing, especially in some Cutscenes where you're supposed to LOOK at something on the ground, lol. I've played 5+ hours of and it's great. I can't even believe it only took half a year to go from nothing to perfect pretty much. I didn't expect until mid 2010 for some of these to be playable.

Fastest game you've played on PCSX2? Honestly, I unlimited the FPS CAP to see, and I was getting 80-90FPS...where as I can get like 150FPS+ in FFX, which is graphically superior in many aspects.(Though uses many pre-rendered backrounds.)
|| Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHZ || Gigabyte AUROS 1080 Ti 11GB @ 2050MHZ/12GHZ Memory || 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHZ || 1TB Samsung Evo 850 SSD + 128GB 830 SSD || 4TB HDD + 1TB HDD || Windows 10 64-bit Professional || EVGA G3 850w PSU || MB: Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 ||
Mkilbride: is the shadow glitch a new bug, or was it always there?

if its new can you trace which revision broke it and i'll see if i can fix it?
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
(08-05-2009, 10:46 PM)Mkilbride Wrote: Yes, there is a shadow glitch it appears. Though it's much less annoying than the ground disappearing, especially in some Cutscenes where you're supposed to LOOK at something on the ground, lol. I've played 5+ hours of and it's great. I can't even believe it only took half a year to go from nothing to perfect pretty much. I didn't expect until mid 2010 for some of these to be playable.

Fastest game you've played on PCSX2? Honestly, I unlimited the FPS CAP to see, and I was getting 80-90FPS...where as I can get like 150FPS+ in FFX, which is graphically superior in many aspects.(Though uses many pre-rendered backrounds.)

Odd. FFX was struggling at 70% for me, while this runs fullspeed without any speed drop.

(I have a good processor, while my graphics card is at the lower end of average, so this may have something to do with it).
Because, AFAIK, FFX is very GPU hungry.
this game is less demanding than ffx for me.
even on my AMD 2.9ghz x2 i get 50~120fps (with a few speedhacks though)
Also, I forgot to say, cottonvibes, the shadow bug has always been there. There's no shadow or there's a bugged one. Happens with all the .hack games (including g.u).

Doesn't happen with software mode.
(08-08-2009, 02:12 AM)stpdrgstr Wrote: Also, I forgot to say, cottonvibes, the shadow bug has always been there. There's no shadow or there's a bugged one. Happens with all the .hack games (including g.u).

Doesn't happen with software mode.

ah okay, so its a gsdx hardware bug.
i just tried it myself and SW mode does fix the shadow problem.

thanks for the info Smile
ffx is less demanding than most, and .hack is the least of all (G.U. is a bit more though)