.dothack//gu vol 1 problems
Has anyone gotten it to work properly? I get slowdown during cutscenes and a weird, graphical bug where characters seem to have a shadow that is another shadow of their character, and not a shadow at all lol.

I would really like to play it. Just finished replaying 1-4 of the first .hack series and would like to play this again.

Please! :]

Sponsored links

The "shadow" you're describing is probably ghosting, you need to use a scale (x2, x3, etc) in the graphics settings.

The original quadrilogy are amongst the easiest to emulate PS2 games, unfortunately the latter trilogy are amongst the hardest to get full speed all the time. My advice would be to use the latest SVN release of PCSX2 and use the MTVU option if you have a tri or quad core processor (get a nice 20-25% speed increase in most scenes), set VU cycle steal over to 1 or 2 (any higher will cause additional slowdowns), and turn on SPU a-sync in the music options.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(09-16-2011, 11:44 PM)Koji Wrote: The "shadow" you're describing is probably ghosting, you need to use a scale (x2, x3, etc) in the graphics settings.

The original quadrilogy are amongst the easiest to emulate PS2 games, unfortunately the latter trilogy are amongst the hardest to get full speed all the time. My advice would be to use the latest SVN release of PCSX2 and use the MTVU option if you have a tri or quad core processor (get a nice 20-25% speed increase in most scenes), set VU cycle steal over to 1 or 2 (any higher will cause additional slowdowns), and turn on SPU a-sync in the music options.

Sorry...I'm new to pcsx2. So as you probably guessed, my brain just exploded. Can you give me directions where I will find those options? Sorry.
(09-17-2011, 12:12 AM)Azureth Wrote: Sorry...I'm new to pcsx2. So as you probably guessed, my brain just exploded. Can you give me directions where I will find those options? Sorry.

Sure check for the plug in and there u can change what koji says, btw u can always read the sticky for the config and the faq there u can find a lot of valuable info.
Ok so I got the scale set to x2 and cycle stealing set to 1. I can't find the MTVU option or SPU a-sync option. I find all of this by going to the emulation options correct? I've searched them all thoroughly...maybe I'm missing something.
(09-17-2011, 04:36 AM)Azureth Wrote: Ok so I got the scale set to x2 and cycle stealing set to 1. I can't find the MTVU option or SPU a-sync option. I find all of this by going to the emulation options correct? I've searched them all thoroughly...maybe I'm missing something.

U need the las svn for the mtvu option, download the last one from here http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
MTVU will be under the speedhacks panel of the "Emulation Settings". (assuming you're using hte latest SVN build linked to by ecchiless)
Async will be on the SPU2-X settings (Config > Audio > SPU2-X plugin settings > Synchronizing mode). Assuming SPU2-X is selected as audio plugin.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64