emulator crashes spontaneously
Well I'm palying KH2 for a while now and all of a sudden the emulator starts to crash after about 10-15 minets
the thing is that this did not happen 2 days ago... it only started yesterday and this keeps happaning systematically...

MY specs are:
[email protected]
9800GT@stock
4GB RAM
Gigabyte EP43-DS3L
WIN 7 Ult.

I am playing with the r188 beta and I tried playing with the old and new plugins (made absolutely no difference)
and no speed hacks are enabled
[Image: picmk.jpg]

I ran OCCT over night and no errors came up + my cpu temp was at peak of 61 °C and avrage of 55 °C so my OC is solid

I tried updating my drivers and DX

I just dont know what the problem could be
Thank you in advance for any help

Sponsored links

It's hard to say. But why do you not try to reinstall all operating system and software? It only takes around 2 hours (15 → 30 mins if you have a backup software such as Norton Ghost). Hope this help.
uncheck "Allow 8-bit textures" in GSdx, disable microVU in CPU options and see if it does any better. Also if you're relying on savestates try using only memcards for a while, and if you have any speedhacks enabled try with them disabled.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(03-13-2010, 05:51 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: uncheck "Allow 8-bit textures" in GSdx, disable microVU in CPU options and see if it does any better. Also if you're relying on savestates try using only memcards for a while, and if you have any speedhacks enabled try with them disabled.
I use only the memcards
and I tried to do what you said... The emulator still crashed...
When it crashes, does some kind of error appear in the pcsx2 output window?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Quote:I ran OCCT over night and no errors came up + my cpu temp was at peak of 61 °C and avrage of 55 °C so my OC is solid
Doesn't matter. I had my PC run stable with Orthos for hours too but PCSX2 still crashed.
Set your CPU to stock speeds and see if the crashes go away. Then you'll know for sure if it's the overclock or not.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-14-2010, 12:01 AM)Bositman Wrote:
Quote:I ran OCCT over night and no errors came up + my cpu temp was at peak of 61 °C and avrage of 55 °C so my OC is solid
Doesn't matter. I had my PC run stable with Orthos for hours too but PCSX2 still crashed.
Set your CPU to stock speeds and see if the crashes go away. Then you'll know for sure if it's the overclock or not.
Hmmm... Thet's odd but I'll give it a try