esxist a speed patch for PCSX2 0.9.8?
Question 
when i play the FPS are alawis 30-35 and sly 2 runs rly slow i dont play that game for 5 or more yers i want to record my infance Wacko
have any patch to fix the speed? thk you all for readin Ninja

Sponsored links

System spec? And PCSX2 settings?
Hey, I'm new to the forums and I have an idea about something similar:
Can't there be a patch (or hack) that changes the game's native fps? Like say a game would run at 30 instead of 60 (or 50) fps?
[I found on the net something that converted a game from pal to ntsc and vice-versa, it also changed the fps, if that gives you an idea].
Is it possible or not? Or does that program mentioned above just changes something like [PAL mode active/deactivated] on the PS2 console?
proh3dshot Wrote:have any patch to fix the speed? thk you all for readin

Speedhacks, changing the round to nearest and Clamp mode to none. Tongue2

miljoneir Wrote:Can't there be a patch (or hack) that changes the game's native fps? Like say a game would run at 30 instead of 60 (or 50) fps?

Why??? A PS2's Native Game fps is 60 fps (for NTSC Region or 59.94 to be exact) or 50 fps(if PAL Region.) A game running at 30 fps would really go very slow. You can skip some frames to draw using the frameskip which will help you get some boost.

miljoneir Wrote:[I found on the net something that converted a game from pal to ntsc and vice-versa, it also changed the fps, if that gives you an idea].

It was done to enable the post processing. It changes the CRC of the game. Tongue2
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
Quote:You can skip some frames to draw using the frameskip which will help you get some boost.
how do i that
PCSX2 0.9.8 --> Config --> Emulation Settings --> GS --> Frameskip --> Constant --> and set the frames to draw and skip.
Sorry, but what is crc?
And, like you said "to enable post-processing", can that be turned of in some way (if that changes anything to the speed)
(11-04-2011, 10:17 PM)miljoneir Wrote: Hey, I'm new to the forums and I have an idea about something similar:
Can't there be a patch (or hack) that changes the game's native fps?

That's called frameskip and that already exists. But your CPU still has to calculate what happens druing the frames which aren't rendered just not have to calculate quite as much.

Overall there's not much to be gained there.
Frameskip will help a lot if your GPU is weaker. Some bad post-processing effects are turned off as they are bugs and glitches.