exist x64 version of the emulator 1.2.1 ?
not find it anywhere, if there is someone passes me the link?
version for windows

Sponsored links

There are no x64 version of PCSX2.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
pcsx2 is and will (probably) ALWAYS be only x86

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Is-PCSX2-...ing-64-bit
would be interesting to know how the dev's would have decided nowadays - dropping 32-bit or 64-bit? I would guess since there is no point in supporting 32-bit ultrabooks, windows xp the last more or less 32-bit-only version should not be used anymore... they would agree on 64bit.
(05-10-2014, 11:19 AM)willkuer Wrote: would be interesting to know how the dev's would have decided nowadays - dropping 32-bit or 64-bit? I would guess since there is no point in supporting 32-bit ultrabooks, windows xp the last more or less 32-bit-only version should not be used anymore... they would agree on 64bit.

Why? All 64bit operating systems support 32bit applications and even up to windows 8 you can get 32bit versions, i suspect more than half of our users have a 32bit version of windows.

Considering there is no benefit to 64bit for us, it would require a massive rewrite of the recompilers and we would cut out half our userbase, why would we even consider it?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

If I understood cottonvibes (and also some other devs) correctly he said that he would expect a small benefit. But dropping support for most of the people was just not reasonable at that time. And keeping 32/64bit at the same time was also counterproductive.

Are still half of the userbase on 32bit? I thought with a normal pc configuration with RAM>4GB everyone uses x64.

(But since you are one of the devs you probably answered my question. You guys would still stick to 32bit.)
our userbase is quite diverse, the users "in the know" have reasonable machines with 64bit on them, but a lot of users just like consoles and want to play them on their PC's, which half the time turn out to be Pentium 4's with 2gb ram. There would turn out to be a few operations which might benefit from being 64 bit but considering the amount of work involved in translating the program over to 64bit, it really isn't worth the effort to be honest, we would be better off staying where we are.

We had attempted a 64bit version a while back, but it really wasn't very good.

is that widget stuff x64 compatible? i could try compiling a x64. vs does it finally outta the box and kinda stable. but rewriting the emitter and optimizing is... Mellow

asm is a b*tch to port.
(05-10-2014, 12:01 PM)dabore Wrote: is that widget stuff x64 compatible? i could try compiling a x64. vs does it finally outta the box and kinda stable. but rewriting the emitter and optimizing is... Mellow

asm is a b*tch to port.

You can try,maybe can work correctly but i think is really hard to do....
I think the widget stuff is all hard coded to 32bit.