extremely low fps
I tried several different posts fixes  nothing seems to work

Firstly my system is
Amd APU6-5200 (Quad core 2.0ghz with built in Radeon HD 8400(r3 series))
6 GB of RAM (Up to 3 of which can be utilized as video ram for my APU)
windows 8.1

running pcsx2 (1.2.1)

active plugins-
GSDx (AVX version) 1.16
ZeroSPU2
Pokopoms Xinput

Current configurations -
GSDX
D3D 11 (software) -tried both hardware and software DX9 also
Auto interlacing
Native resolution
FXAA + FX Shader off
default hardwarre mode settings (All greyyed out)
3 extra rendering threads

Speedhacks -
MTVU
INTC Spin detection
Wait Loop Detection

Audio- Zero SPU
Time scaling 
or
Realtime
both give same results, choppy low fps

Attempting to play Guitar hero rocks the 80s OR Van halen

menus run around 60-70 fps
game runs at 10-14 fps
using ISO or CD

EE is between 30-80
GS is 0-30
VU is 20-40
UI is <5
State 0

what confuses me is i can play EPCSX just fine... and N64 Emus just fine, but this ps2 emu hates me?

Sponsored links

Unfortunately with a STP of 781 you aren't gonna run PCSX2 at full speed on that CPU no matter what you do. You will have to play on your PS2 or get a better machine, sorry.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I'll just be blunt. Your CPU most likely won't get even close to full speed. The PS2 is A LOT more complex than the N64 and PSX. Emulation all of the various processors with good enough timing to prevent it from going to hell takes a massive amount of resources. Because of this, many PS2 games, including Guitar Hero, have fairly steep system requirements.

Edit: Damn you blyss and your ninja Ninja posting! Tongue
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(11-04-2015, 05:07 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: I'll just be blunt. Your CPU most likely won't get even close to full speed. The PS2 is A LOT more complex than the N64 and PSX. Emulation all of the various processors with good enough timing to prevent it from going to hell takes a massive amount of resources. Because of this, many PS2 games, including Guitar Hero, have fairly steep system requirements.

Edit: Damn you blyss and your ninja Ninja posting!  Tongue

Well then i guess i just have to save myself up the 800 dollars to make my epic system then xD

/e also STP of 781?
You can make a PCSX2 worthy system for less than that, just FYI.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
STR/P(Single Thread Rating/Performance) http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+A6-5200+APU&id=1975
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
STP means Single Thread Processing. AMD CPUs are unfortunately lacking on that department.
(11-04-2015, 05:20 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: You can make a PCSX2 worthy system for less than that, just FYI.

oh i am sure, but theres other things i want to do that need that 800 dollar system... i wish to design 3D animations and programming, plus play some godly games naturally Tongue my curent system cant run any 3d programs newer than 2012 with any decent ability

ahh thank you both for that i never knew there was a single rating, if i could upgrade i woulda, but this system is a rebuilt laptop as a desktop (retarded refurb people)
overall the APUs aren't that bad of AMD, the A10-7850k performs quite decently on the STP list, still not as good as Intel though. You could also wait till next year, since AMD will release the Zen CPUs (AM4, DDR4) which should have an IPC increase of 40%, now I don't exactly know what IPC does or mean, but IIRC it should entail that STP might increase from it aswell?
IPC = Instructions per cycle.

More or less the amount of computations for one clock event. Multiply that number by the clock frequency to get the instructions per seconds: something like the raw power per core.

Integrate that over the cores will lead to FLOPS. The universal measure for e-penises in the supercomputer market and if you want to compare a modern mobile with the pc that was used to send apollo to the moon.