failed installation plus error message, any advice?
i'm not sure where to ask for help, but i tried to install pcsx2 on my windows 8 computer and got an error message.

i've installed in it the past on other computers no problem. i downloaded the latest version, the bundled installer v., ran it, installed. it claimed to have been successfully installed. but when i tried to open and run pcsx2 and set it up, it failed. instead i just kept getting an error message that states

"pcsx2-r5875.exe entry point not found. the procedure entry point _except1 could not be located in the dynamic link library"

i uninstalled the program and tried reinstalling it. same problem. if anyone could help i would be super thankful...

Sponsored links

Again...boopbopbam,did you install VC++ 2013 redist ?
i just installed it directly from the website, with all boxes/ items checked. is that something i need to install separately? (also sorry for the wait i was waiting on the 300 second timer thing) (i just created my account a moment ago i dunno if that gives you extra limitations)

should i just download this? http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=40784
hummm.Download,lets go.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=40784

Make sure you own all permissions needed for your PCSX2 folder. It's best you create a new folder.

Yes,download.
i downloaded the files (3 of them) and tried to run them, but i got an error message saying "this app can't run on your pc"?
i'm the only user of this laptop, i think i own all of the permissions?? thanks for your help!!
Ok,yes,Lets try,copy the file for windows 8 to the system32 directory

Check the .exe file's size. Right click the .exe file and click Properties.
Look for "Size" or "Size on disk". If those values are 0 (zero), than your file was not downloaded/copied successfully and that's why you receive the error message.
Download or copy your file again.
the file size is about 1.35MB and was dwonloaded, it's in my downloads folder currently. should i try and move it (vcredist_arm) to the system32 directory?

which folder in the directory should i stick it in?
(sorry i am an actual infant at this....)
(04-19-2014, 07:47 AM)boopbopbam Wrote: the file size is about 1.35MB and was dwonloaded, it's in my downloads folder currently. should i try and move it (vcredist_arm) to the system32 directory?

1.55 Mb,this is not right...the true size is 6.Mb.(6.13 mb or 6.31 depend of the version)

Its better download again,try to play,and in last case try move it (vcredist_arm) to the system32,ok.
i re-downloaded the x64 version but it says it's only 4MB in properties even though the website said it should be 6.9MB ???

ok the x84 version is 6.19 MB and is currently in my downloads. i'm going to try and install pcsx2 again and see what happens...
4 mb is in winrar.