fast forward/ frame skipping in ffx?
I like to Fast forward through random encounters when i play turnbased RPG games.
I've explored the CPU configurations and I'm not exactly sure how to achieve what I want. Is it possible to get a high fps with frame skiipping on pcsx2?

thank you

Sponsored links

If you want to get full speed in final fantasy X with frame skipping, I think that yes, you can get it.
But if you are trying to get more than 50fps, 60fps with frame skipping, you only need to configure the Custom FPS Limit, in the CPU configuration, and put the number of frame limit that you want that pcsx2 limit the game, and where is 0 put for example 70, then pcsx2 will limit the maximun frame rate to 70
Sorry for my bad english.
is it possible to get the frame rate up to 500FPS?
hahaha, I never try this because I have a Pentium 4 HT 3.40 Ghz, with it, the most frames that i get is 200 frames in 2D, and in final fantasy X in 3D 70 frames, but if your CPU is so good, I think that you can do it, but I'm not sure.
the best I can get is 100+++ in none/normal frame limit mode. Does anyone know of a possible way of boosting that? (I don't mind if it's' really choppy, I just want the FPS to increase so i can get through random battles quickly)
Or just press TAB to switch between Normal/limited speed if you have good PC though
CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8 GHz (Turbo 5.1 GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 (8 GB)
RAM: Corsair 32GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Vengeance LPX
MOBO: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS
maybe I can help to increase the speed, the first, tell me your pcsx2 configuration in cpu, speed hacks, advanced, and your plugins configuration. Then, I will can see if you can increase your speed in the games, if you can tell me your system specs.
(06-07-2009, 02:50 PM)Nokiaman Wrote: Or just press TAB to switch between Normal/limited speed if you have good PC though

so the best i can get is my normal speed?
i'm use to setting my max fps on my psx emulator, so i'm a little confused.