Poll: is it a good idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
100.00%
2 100.00%
no
0%
0 0%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

fast help sticky for slowdowns/lag
i was wondering this for a while now so i just put it here for suggestion Smile

is it handy to make a thread/sticky that helps the noobs for their ''lag/slowdowns'' in their games?

example:

threadname: lag/slowdown? READ FIRST!

threadcontent:

use the latest 1.0.0 version (or is 1.1.0 already a recomended build?)
*link to the build*

check the following solutions:

pc specs:
*link to will my pc run pcsx2?*

is the game playable?
*link to playable game lists*

is teh game heavy demanding?
*link to heavy demanding games list* << not sure if there is one, if not, would it be wise to make it? (i would make it if i have to Tongue)

if the pc/game is capable:

use native resolution/2x native
enable reccomended speedhacks

^^^ these are the most common solutions for slowdowns anyway, if there are more pleas esuggest em here Tongue

this way moderators/users dont have to reply to these threads all the time and can help those who actually need it (ACTUAL problems that isnt revolved around slowdowns/lag)

hope my idea doesnt go to waste xD
please give your opinion about it Smile

POLL INCLUDED! ;D

Sponsored links

That's all nice and good, but as we know no one reads the stickies. It would just be yet another sticky read first thread, with no one really reading it...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(10-01-2012, 02:29 PM)Bositman Wrote: That's all nice and good, but as we know no one reads the stickies. It would just be yet another sticky read first thread, with no one really reading it...

but if it contains the words lag or slowdown maybe someone will finally notice it Tongue

you know how most people are when they first enter a site, search for a thread with the problem in mind the first thing they see preferable.

80% of the prblems are slowdowns/can i run it topics so if this is in a clear view maybe people will notice it more?

i find the stickies not really outstanding, isnt there anything that can be done about that? (outstanding as in, not notable/ not sticking out (that is what STICKIES should do right? xD)
nothing can be done about stupidity sadly...
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
Indeed, great idea with one huge flaw, the general public Sad
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-01-2012, 07:41 PM)refraction Wrote: Indeed, great idea with one huge flaw, the general public Sad

there are sites that need an aproval first before you can post something, is this an idea to lessen these kind of threads?

or they are forces to read the stickies first befor ethey can post, not sure if it is possible tho Tongue
slowdowns are normal when there are areas in the game that have heavy and high details like the glow of a glowing object and the water ripples of a lake

a powerful machine can encounter slowdowns in such areas

however if the entire game is slow then there is a problem

anyway nice idea Smile