feature request:visual vibration
I don't have gamepad.if pcsx2 can display controller vibration on screen, it would be well.
For example. in game Metal_Gear_Solid_2, AP sensor can vibrate on enemy approach.
If I can see the vibration status on screen, I would use this item.

Sponsored links

okay. what? you want a shaking screen? i don't think that would look good.
not shaking screen.
I think maybe OSD number is well.
(01-18-2018, 12:49 AM)dabore Wrote: okay. what? you want a shaking screen? i don't think that would look good.

/thread
There's nothing wrong with this request. Not everyone has access to a controller that supports vibration feedback, so an option to display a visual representation of the effect on screen is not a bad idea.
(01-19-2018, 04:12 PM)FlatOut Wrote: There's nothing wrong with this request. Not everyone has access to a controller that supports vibration feedback, so an option to display a visual representation of the effect on screen is not a bad idea.

yeh. whatever. maybe i skipped half of the post. i can't remember clearly. i was just thinking racing could do it too. left or right bumps in the back. for that case that the 5.1 audio doesn't work to 'display' it. dunno how this vibration thingy could look like. just a red lamp? there are different possible setups for the motors. left or right. small or big. intensity. shock rate. if you'd wanna do that, it should maybe do more then a lamp. try all of that.

in terms of programming it's nuts, cause the output of the motors is only going out to the pad plugin. while the visual rendering needs to be done in gsdx. that smells like trouble to interconnect safely. a 'easier' version might be hacking a windows gui/gdi display into the pad plugin. problem is you can't use or recycle the gswindow handle for rendering. it's gotta be a program and window overlay abusing the desktop compositor. that is a hacksh*t that works in windowed mode, that is not exclusive. luckily gsdx was denied this exclusivity. so... yeh. who codes it?
When I coded up the OSD for GSdx I created a feature for "indicator lamps". The use case I had in mind for it was to show button presses. I never finished it, because I couldn't come up with a simple interface to specify the glyphs for each indicator. The bones of it are still there and it could be easily leveraged to to indicate vibration instead of button presses.