feature request:cue/bin support for ps1
Could pcsx2 support cue/bin files?   Many ps1 games are that format.

Sponsored links

(11-15-2018, 09:18 AM)280696516 Wrote: Many ps1 games are that format.

uh ???
can't you chose your format when you dump your disc ?

Anyways, loading your bin file is like loading an iso iirc
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
PCSX2 has supported bin format PS1 dumps, pretty much since PS1 support was added. If you're unaware, limited PS1 capabilities have existed in the development builds for over a year now.
PCSX2 cannot run .cue files right now which are needed for multitrack dumps. Dumping them in just a single bin file leads to data loss.
Interesting... All my dumps have generated both cue and bin files but I've just been discarding the cue files as useless garbage... What are some games that actually need the cue files to run?
PS1 games that used CD Audio for BGM needed the cuesheets for it to work
Right now the only multitrack game I have is Alien Resurrection. The main menu has no music when you load it just using the first bin track but I don't know if that is the fault of the emulator core or just due to the inability to load cue sheets.

EDIT: Just tested running the first track only through epsxe and I get no main menu music with that too. It certainly has something to do with the inability to load the cue sheet as the music plays fine when I load it.
I have a different question
Is ps1 emulation advanced enough to be able to play the audio in those games...not just because it doesn't read the cue,which actually adds another question
Does pcsx2 actually need that file or does he really not read it

Just because the 'cue' file extension is not added to the list of file types,does not neessesery mean,pcsx2 does not try to read it(it is possible that pcsx2 can't play the audio yet,not because of the cue file)

It been a lot of time since I used epsxe but I do remember playing some games with audio cd type audio in cue/bin format but without the cue

Also,how about mounting the image and use gigahertzs or use lnuzzapps iso to load the image or create the image in some of the other supported formats(other than iso)

And finally,ps1 emulation is still new thing,there are plenty of other things to fix than addng a support for image format and there are plenty of ps1 emulators that work much better than the one in pcsx2...it's not like you will loose tons of free space if you use epsxe for example( there are some emulators that don't require any configuration)
In my PS1 collection, Dino Crisis and Nuclear Strike ripped as multi-track. I never tried to play them in PCSX2 though so I can't say if they work or not. I know they work on ePSXe by loading the .cue file. I ripped them a few years ago on my old PC, but my new case doesn't have an optical drive bay so I can't test if IMGburn gives other options when ripping them... Maybe I'll try firing them up on PCSX2 and see what happens.
The Mini(ITX) Box V2 a.k.a. Nighthawk
Ryzen 7 3700X | 16GB DDR4-3600 CL16 | ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming | EVGA GTX 1660Ti SC Ultra Gaming | Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | EVGA 600BQ
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
(11-16-2018, 07:01 AM)vsub Wrote: I have a different question
Is ps1 emulation advanced enough to be able to play the audio in those games...not just because it doesn't read the cue,which actually adds another question
Does pcsx2 actually need that file or does he really not read it

Just because the 'cue' file extension is not added to the list of file types,does not neessesery mean,pcsx2 does not try to read it(it is possible that pcsx2 can't play the audio yet,not because of the cue file)

It been a lot of time since I used epsxe but I do remember playing some games with audio cd type audio in cue/bin format but without the cue

Also,how about mounting the image and use gigahertzs or use lnuzzapps iso to load the image or create the image in some of the other supported formats(other than iso)

And finally,ps1 emulation is still new thing,there are plenty of other things to fix than addng a support for image format and there are plenty of ps1 emulators that work much better than the one in pcsx2...it's not like you will loose tons of free space if you use epsxe for example( there are some emulators that don't require any configuration)

Sound emulation for PS1 mode is not complete. The sample rate is still stuck at 48000 KHz instead of the 44100 KHz it should be, so audio is pitch shifted up half a step, and CDDA (CD Direct Audio) is not complete, so PCSX2 cannot stream audio files directly off the disc yet.