ff x fmv/video blurry
hey some cut scenes/fmv or whatever its called in FF x... e.g when yuna comes out of the prayer thing (The first time u see her) is blurry. is this just because PCSX2 can't upscale video like it does the textures or is there a way for this to be clear too? ty.

Sponsored links

(10-21-2013, 02:26 AM)aoaaron Wrote: hey some cut scenes/fmv or whatever its called in FF x... e.g when yuna comes out of the prayer thing (The first time u see her) is blurry. is this just because PCSX2 can't upscale video like it does the textures or is there a way for this to be clear too? ty.

The video is gonna be the same resolution as it was in FFX, which is gonna look crappy in HD.

There is no way to put information in the video(pixels) that isn't already there. AFAIK they are bilinearly scaled. That means the pixel is obtained based on the information that is already there.

Red pixel, yellow pixel
=
red pixel, orange pixel, yellow pixel

Which does not actually count as introducing new data.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
thx man so just to confirm there is nothinbg i can do to improve quality of those scenes?
you can't upscale videos, sorry!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Yeah pretty much, most PS2 games were fixed at 640 x 480, I think
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
(10-22-2013, 04:56 PM)nintendo85 Wrote: Yeah pretty much, most PS2 games were fixed at 640 x 480, I think

Most of them output at 480i, some have the option to output at 480p. Mostly when I had a TV that would tell you the current resolution it was 640x480 or 720x480. However a lot of them rendered at lower resolutions. Take FFXI for example. It rendered at 512x384. I know this because that was the resolution of screenshots. Also I think that the resolution indicated by GSDX is the resolution it's rendering in?

BTW I know it's not possible in videos, but couldn't individual textures be processed by an algorithm like HQ2X if one were inclined to put that in the gfx plugin source? Honestly I've considered doing something like that myself but A. I don't know if GSDX is coded in such a way to allow it and B. My mastery of Basic dialect languages is very good. My ability in C is well... I took a class. I passed it. But I'm not very good lol. I have actually implemented the scaleYx and HQYX family in basic though.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD