final fantasy 10 30-40fps running slow need help
my specs are
Dell
4gb ram ddr2
windows vista home
CPU intel ® pentium ® dual CPU t3400 2.16-2.2 ghrz dual core
graphics card(not sure) t3400 (i know know how to find graphics card in my laptop)

using directx 10 before I update my directX it bacame directX 9(now using) native checked
using pixelshader 3
speed hack used: x2 cyclerate (EEsynchack) "also tried other speed hack but when ffx opening scene the fps turns around 30-40 fps tidus speaks very slow due to fps rate"
CPU config: EERec checked, VU0 and VU01 checked multi threaded GS checked.
Graphics using gssx 890 (msvc 15.00 sse3) 0.1.14 (all detected except sse4)
using cdvdrom: linuz iso cd/dvd 0.9.0
bios: USA v02.00(14/06/2004) console
frame limiting normal

I please anyone i need help those are my other config i really need help.

Sponsored links

Go back to DirectX 10, it should help out. Honestly, your CPU is a bit slow, but unless your graphics card is ***** (you need to find which GFX card you have) FFX should run ok with a speedhack or two on that system.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
To find your graphics card:
Start > Run > type in dxdiag and click OK > click on Display tab and it will be shown under "Name" and "Chip type".

If you have integrated graphics, you probably won't get full speed no matter what you do. Try using the latest public beta.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
(10-16-2009, 06:53 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: Go back to DirectX 10, it should help out. Honestly, your CPU is a bit slow, but unless your graphics card is ***** (you need to find which GFX card you have) FFX should run ok with a speedhack or two on that system.

how do I go back to directX 10? and also my laptop was originally directX10 but when I started using pcsx2 it says "directX10 must me updated" then it will go back to directX 9. Please tech me how to go back to directX 10 without the pcsx2 saying that I must update directX if im using directX10.

and did I use the proper plug-ins and config from my later post? please I really need help i want to play FFX ^_^
Well, if it tells you to update DirectX, wouldn't the obvious solution would be to... update DirectX?

Either use the web installer or download the August 2009 Redist.

And did you follow my post above to find your graphics card?
(10-16-2009, 09:17 PM)boogerthe2nd Wrote: To find your graphics card:
Start > Run > type in dxdiag and click OK > click on Display tab and it will be shown under "Name" and "Chip type".

If you have integrated graphics, you probably won't get full speed no matter what you do. Try using the latest public beta.

name: Mobile Intel® 4 series express chip set family
manufacturer: intel corporation
Chip type: Mobile Intel® 4 series express chip set Family
DAC type: internal
Approx: total memory: 1759mb
Currnt displaymode: 1366x768 (32bit) (60hz)
monitor Generic PnP monitor

DirectX features
Directdraw: enabled
direct3d accelerator:
AGPtexture acceleration: enabled

Drivers
main drivers igdum64.dll,igd10um64.dll
DDI version 10:
(10-16-2009, 11:59 PM)boogerthe2nd Wrote: Well, if it tells you to update DirectX, wouldn't the obvious solution would be to... update DirectX?

Either use the web installer or download the August 2009 Redist.

And did you follow my post above to find your graphics card?

The original directX of my laptop was directX 10 but when I downloaded pcsx2 and configure it and use gsdx 890 sse3 then I configure it and use the DirectX 10 (Hardware) when I run CDVDrom it says I must update DirectX (I always do run as administrator because of vista OS) then I just click ok to update directX, it redirect me to microsoft directX I downloaded the updater of directX then after updating and configured pcsx2 when I use directX10 (hardware) it says recovering video or hardware and pcsx2 continues to blink out in my laptop. but when use directX 9(Hardware) it runs but whatever plug-ins or speed I use, it speeds up but when the 1st scene of FF10 was shown the speed goes down to 30-40fps

sorry for my english ^_^ please help me i am dying to play final fantasy 10
You have an integrated graphics card, which doesn't support DirectX 10, so you're stuck with DirectX 9 unfortunately.

Also, since integrated graphics suck, you probably won't be able to get full speeds no matter what you do.

Use the latest beta and latest GSdx plugin, and if experimenting with speedhacks still doesn't yield performance, there's not much else you can do except upgrade your specs (specifically a decent dedicated graphics card).
(10-17-2009, 12:32 AM)boogerthe2nd Wrote: You have an integrated graphics card, which doesn't support DirectX 10, so you're stuck with DirectX 9 unfortunately.

Also, since integrated graphics suck, you probably won't be able to get full speeds no matter what you do.

Use the latest beta and latest GSdx plugin, and if experimenting with speedhacks still doesn't yield performance, there's not much else you can do except upgrade your specs (specifically a decent dedicated graphics card).

where can i find those beta and plug-ins? and latest beta please can you give me a link? then I really appreciate your help. but if you have any info on how to have a 50-60fps please tell me and I heard about VU stealing cycle thing? would that increase my speed if increase I havent tried that.
You can find the latest public beta here: http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta

VU Cycle Stealing is under Speed hacks in the beta.